FJ62 Door Lock circuit breaker fuse location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great help to me, thank you! Locks work!

But another problem created, after the reset, I now have multiple warning lights on when the key is off and out! AT Temp, Brake and seatbelt lights. They go out when I turn on the key.

Happen to anyone else? Any clue on what might be going on?

1990 FJ62

To preface this, I've had my 62 for about a year now so I'm still getting up to speed. I was doing some stereo work in the driver's door & touched the bare wires of the door speaker against bare metal. This resulted in a couple pops & caused a slow downward spiral where first the door speaker failed (other speakers still working), then the power windows, then the door locks. Being (very) electrically challenged, I hopelessly pulled out my multi-meter and tried to test a bunch of what turned out to be useless things in the switches & door relay to no avail.

Thankfully I found this thread (an oldie but a goodie!!!) crossed somehow with @slcfj62 's next-level door wiring solution. Tripped the circuit breaker this morning - viola - door locks & power windows!

Put the driver's door card back on & was all set to have a great day. However, it was fleeting elation....

Door locks still work, but the power windows lasted just long enough to get the driver's window up and then failed. Re-tripping the CB didn't have any impact. So I diligently followed directions and removed the window/lock switch to clean it out in hopes that would help.

Low & behold.... I found this interesting mod. (the window lock has been broken since I bought the truck).

IMG_2519.JPG

At this point, I have no idea what to do. The stereo works (probably a red herring) and the power locks work. Windows don't...

Any help from the educated community would be greatly appreciated. Could the "3-penny window lock mod" be shorting something in the window switch? Where should I head next in diagnosis? Or just bite the bullet & buy a new window switch?

try posting in the 60's "Wanted" section - make sure you list whether you're looking for a grey or brown master switch. Bet you'll fine one. Also cruiserparts.net will probably have one.

this thread was useful once again. i've read it before and thankfully today it was stuck in the back of my mind. some guys say they spent 3 years with no locks but i only had 8 hours. i remembered reading something about a breaker. searched and here it was. paper clip, 25 second of looking for the breaker (its not the ones in the fuse block but loose up in behind). mine has a blueish colour to it) and they're all working normally again.

here's my question. this is the first time they've ever stopped working. is there something that causes the breaker to flip? does it mean there is something starting to fail in the circuit?

Mine quite working a couple days ago so I started checking the fuses, all good. came and did a search and voila working locks again

this thread was useful once again. i've read it before and thankfully today it was stuck in the back of my mind. some guys say they spent 3 years with no locks but i only had 8 hours. i remembered reading something about a breaker. searched and here it was. paper clip, 25 second of looking for the breaker (its not the ones in the fuse block but loose up in behind). mine has a blueish colour to it) and they're all working normally again.

here's my question. this is the first time they've ever stopped working. is there something that causes the breaker to flip? does it mean there is something starting to fail in the circuit?

Would u post a pic of it please. I tried several times with mine and doesn't seem to get the click using the paper clip. Thanks!

i didn't actually feel mine click but my locks worked again. the cable running between my fingers is the gas door cable
IMG_3248.JPG

Last edited:
Hi guys! I got my PDL to work finally. I removed the PDL switch and it was super dirty. I cleaned the contacts and now works like new. Going to clean the contacts on the master switch next along with three other doors switches. Super EZ to do too.

Great tip! Worked like a charm. The only issue is that it only fixed the driver and rear hatch power locks. The other three doors don't trigger. Any idea what may be causing that?

Probably 40 years of gunk on the solenoid/actuators. Pull a door panel and try bumping the actuator with 12v from the battery to see if it’s even working. You can spray some WD40 on it too to see if it will free up.

If it does work then you are probably getting a voltage drop through the wiring harness which opens a completely different can of worms.

Wow. That is amazing. 10 years and i haven't had power locks. Thanks!
Do your door locks not work on your FJ62?

Try resetting the circuit breaker. Use a paperclip and insert into the hole on the silver top of the breaker. It will "Click", then it is reset.

It's located right around the other relays and electrical stuff behind your fuse box and the hood release.
Wow. That is amazing. In 10 years i haven't had power locks. Boom. All works. Thanks!

My uncle played with fixing this problem for 10 years before letting me have the truck. One paper clip and 4 seconds later and I've got the power locks that he spent hours and hours trying to fix. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom