FJ62 Door Lock circuit breaker fuse location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About those door locks that did not work, I tried the paper clip trick and presto!!!
All is well and good.............thanks for the great advice. P.S. The guy I bought my truck from told me that the door locks were not working and that I would need a new relay????????????? Very happy that I did not go running to a Toyota Dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for your great tip.
What kind of beer do you like?

Just tried this and it worked the guy who owned it before me had it for 10 years and the door locks never worked he couldnt figure it out thanks a bunch

Could this cause just one window to not function? With direct power (batt charger), the rear passenger window works great, but is dead otherwise. The other three work fine. Any suggestions?

If direct power makes it work, I would suspect the switch itself. I took the master switch panel apart and cleaned the contacts to improve the speed. You may try that. I'd bet one of the copper contacts in there is worn. They work using spring action, so you may could bend it back.

If it's not the swith, you have to start tracing wire between the switch and the window motor.

Good to know. Thanks for bringing it up.

Direct power to the switch, I should have said...We did have to use the switch to operate the window. But, I'll do the inspect and clean jobby as well, they're all pretty sluggish, even after spraying liquid silicone in the rubber tracks. Thanks Greg. Having been all up in every nook and cranny of this 62, it is as clean, if not cleaner than I thought it was when I got it from you. That MS mud, however, sucks (but apparently preserves).

FJ 62 power locks

Resetting worked. However, only about half of the doors will lock or unlock. Could they just be struggling due to the power locks not being used for awhile? Maybe something needs to be lubricated?

Yes, or motors gone after 20 years. Try a jumper wire to battery direct to motors. 2 cents Mike

Yeah, I will check the master switch. I can hear the locks trying to work at each door. Thanks.

locks after fawlessly working just stoped today and after digging around i think i found the CB behind teh fuse panel under the heater CB. tried doing the paper clib trick and couldnt hear a click let alone it didnt feel like anything was moving or nothing......even pulled teh cb out and checked it seemed pretty clean. so are these supposed to have a lil slack in there when ya do the paper clip or is there a way to test teh cb and if so does any one have a part number if i have to go get some

tried but nothing

i tried it again this morning and still nothing however when i got to work like a force of bad/good habits i hit the unlock button first and my only two doors that were locked then umlocked but i couldnt lock them ..........any sugestions!!!!?????

Clean the master switch with electrical cleaner,remove from door, spray in all its cracks very well until it poors out. reinstall. Mike

thx mike ill try this tonight, of course i think im gonna have to pull all teh door panels off now cuz now im noticing the windows are acting funny first they work then they dont then the passenger side works but teh master doesnt, then you can only roll them up but not down .........WTF was toyota thinking when they designed this damn thing

bump...

my door lock button stopped working spontaneously last week. thanks to mark for this handy and free fix to a deceptively simple issue.

btw, you'll know that you've reset the circuit breaker when you hear it click. it's hard to mistake for anything else.

thats what i thought, so in that case mine didnt click or do anything for that matter. however i finally pulled the panel off last night and got the switch off and like a bone head instead of flodding it in electrical cleaner and such i decided to pull the plastic dust cover off and took it completly apart.......and then noticed all the dirt on the window contacts and a few burn and scorching from the door look switch from what looks like the tip of the contacts that looked like they were sodard once are now just gone with a lil copper ring left................sighs. however i did clean itall aup and after several attepts to try and line up everything got back on to work and the door locks work like achamp.just for i dont know how long being that ill have to find some one with enough electrical know how to soder all them damn leads back. windows work a lil better but still no luck with the passenger window, and it had teh dirtiest switch on the MC.

Clock stopped Working??????

OK, so I tried resetting the switch with the paperclip. No click and the door locks still don't work. How hard do you have to push?? BUT......after I attempted this the dash clock stopped working. Nothing, no light, no numbers, blank. Is there any connection or is this just coincidence?

OK, so I tried resetting the switch with the paperclip. No click and the door locks still don't work. How hard do you have to push?? BUT......after I attempted this the dash clock stopped working. Nothing, no light, no numbers, blank. Is there any connection or is this just coincidence?

you don't have to push very hard at all. are you sure that you're resetting the right box under there? it's pretty far back (i.e., closer to the dash than the firewall), but it's not too hidden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom