FJ62 bumpers wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a mishap driving to Mexico last year with no bumpers, I now feel I should try and sort something out. I know there's an actual section for classifieds, but I don't really want to deal with shipping etc, so curious to see what people on the island might have.

Prefer something that can take out a cement wall for both front and rear. Interested in all options, winch/no winch, jerry can holders, etc.

Also don't have metalworking tools, so unless you do I need something that already fits an FJ62

Lol thanks. I'll do that. Will have to look up how one uses one too...

Ideally you'd hammer from the inside out, or cut and patch, but assuming you can't:

Stephens Slide Hammer Instructions:
1. Drill holes
2. Put hook thing in and thread onto hammer
3. Slide weight away from the vehicle
4.a Smash fingers
4.b Apply BandAids
5. Swear
6. Repeat Steps 1-5 until you're fingers can't take it anymore or the truck looks good.
7. Fill/weld up holes you drilled.
8. Apply the tiniest bit of bondo.
9. Paint/ect

Thanks for the how-to. Starting to wonder if I should just replace the panel like this guy did. I have no welder or welding experience though... hmmm.

Doing that quarter panel replacement isn't such a big deal. If you can find the panel, it's routine for the right guy.
I know a guy.

For bumpers, if you're heading south again, I'd post up in the various clubs en route down. Maybe you can grab something on the way.

Thats the "right way...

Start with the slide hammer and if it fails go to the "right way" :)
My thoughts exactly. The worst I can do is bust up an already busted panel. Slide hammer acquired, should be fun.

Or bribe Cam to fix it... :beer::flipoff2:

Doing that quarter panel replacement isn't such a big deal. If you can find the panel, it's routine for the right guy.
I know a guy.
Yeah? Shoot me his info. I'm going to call the usual suspects and see if anybody has a clean panel.

For bumpers, if you're heading south again, I'd post up in the various clubs en route down. Maybe you can grab something on the way.
Lol that's exactly how this happened. The ol "look for parts down south" always seems so plausible before hitting the road. You're right of course, California is a cruiser goldmine, but no not currently in a position to be cruising that far.

I'm home by Monday, I'll call him and then get back to you.

I'm home by Monday, I'll call him and then get back to you.
Cool thanks. No luck on the panel yet. So far the guys over at EBI (Steve I'm assuming?) offered to splice me in part of one, and sounded like they know what they're doing with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom