FJ60 Parts Truck in Chicago Area - North Shore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gr8Pmkn

SILVER Star
Threads
A family friend has a FJ60 ('84 I believe) that he wants to get rid of in the Chicago area. I have not seen it, but am assuming it is in rough condition. I will try and get some pictures this weekend and come up with a list of what parts are available. He said it ran a year or so ago, but thought the head gasket was blown or head was cracked. He said that it had been "stitched welded" previously. He also said that some parts had been removed from the truck, and I am not sure what that means. I don't know the colorIt does have a clear title.

I am interested in several things, including the power steering, AC compressor for OBA, possibly the rear heater & distributor, possibly other bits & pieces for my FJ40 I am rebuilding. If anyone has any suggestions on parts I may want to keep let me know. Anyway, before I commit to taking it from him, or plan on have it hauled to the wrecking yard I was wondering if anyone may be interested in any of the parts or preferrably the remaining truck as a whole?

As I said, I planning on going to see it this weekend, and will get more details and pictures.

Let me know if you are interested.

Lee Bechtold
TLCA# 6621
Winnetka, IL
lee@lifestyleconcierge.com

I am looking at the rear top hatch and the plactic threshold that goes between the carpet and the door. how's the windshield and the doors? Driver's seat if it is still in good condition or passenger seat if it is interchangable. Tell me if you need help getting it home.

I will let you both know the details about the rig & post a bunch of pictures before the end of the weekend I hope. I am trying to make arrangements to see it tomorrow AM.

Archie, I may talk to you about taking you up on on your offer to help me get it home. Unfortunately, the garage I thought I was going to use is not available. So now I have to figure out where I can store/dismantle it. We have a place in Wisconsin, but I really don't want to haul it 3+ hours.

Lee

i live on the the north side and can take the whole truck!

Nick

Looking for ashtray and the power wiper cover on the back window (just below the back window). Please let me know if still available and what color. Phone is 608-516-8234, I'm in Madison, WI.

Well, I went to take a look today, and I must say it is a pitiful sight. Definitely not much to look at especially on the exterior (literally - the rust demons have been hard at work so a fair bit is missing or crumbling away). It is an 81, not an 84 as I previously posted, 242,000 miles, last driven when it would not pass safety inspection in 2004 due to the driver's door being bolted closed, yes, bolted. I couldn't get good pictures of the engine compartment due to lighting and holding the hood up. Interior is almost as rough as the exterior, but may be a cozy home to some of our rodent friends. On the bright side, it does have 2 Axles with 5 wagon wheels - forgot to look at size or wear. All the glass appeared good at a glance.

I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow with a link.

I just broke my left rear inner axle at Badlands yesterday. Would definitely be interested in purchasing that if someone parts it out and a couple other bits and pieces. Let me know!

Sorry about the delay on this. Here are pictures of the FJ60,
http://lscomputing.net/FJ60/FJ60.html

as you can see it is in very rough condition. I will try and reply to everyone via PM, once I have an idea of what is going to be available.

Lee

At this point this is still available, although I am waiting to hear back from a couple of people. Hopefully someone can find some use for it. Otherwise I will have to come up with a plan B. I would really hate for it to go to the scrap heap, but maybe this one is better put out of its misery.

Unfortunately this came along at the wrong time for me, and I am unable to part it out like I had originally planned due to no place to store it nor disassemble it. Especially with it being in such pitiful condition.
Here are pictures of the FJ60,
http://lscomputing.net/FJ60/FJ60.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom