FJ60 or 62 & which year is best? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 62 with 235/85/16's at altitude is a complete dog. Install an aux trans cooler if you plan to run bigger than stock tires.

Came across a LC for sale and would love some feedback before making the trek to go look at it.

- 1988 FJ62 - $6,000
- 6 cylinder 3F EFI engine (gas)
- 192,000 KM
- Pretty much stock (tires, suspension, etc.) - new water pump and thermostat installed
- Rusted in the drivers side rear wheel well
- Has a small radiator leak - potential to be soldered

Questions:
- It looks like the frame may have some surface rust - does this look concerning to anyone?
- Does anyone know the ball park cost of replacing/ patching the rear wheel well could be?
- Any specific questions that come to mind that I should be asking?

Pictures below:

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

I think you’ll find the back couple feet of the frame will be quite rough. That is really the only frame photo that’s worth seeing - and it’s usually purposely excluded.

body looks tough and has previously been patched up. If you’ve got to get it through a Provincial inspection you’ll have quite the challenge.

Agreed about frame, gotta check the rear. I think there is a vendor selling patches for wheel well. Let's see some more photos.

Holy old thread...and I will re-vamp my previous statement.

I have done frame offs on fj60s and fj62s I think the fj62 is a far better built rig from the axles,frame,springs, etc etc...

they are normally less rusty. The only thing they are lacking is an H55 and Round head lights.
In Australia I have a an original 11/85 Fj62 Sahara with round headlights, 5 speed and quarter Windows 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom