fj60 high steer kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all I know lots of guys don't like trail gear so I know already. Seems that most everything is made for mini trucks of SAS tacomas/4runners. My question is the high steer kit they sell is for the mini truck. How much wider is the fj60 axle and drag link? Also will the pitman arm work for the fj60 box? Finally I am doing a soa and was thinking it will need a drop pitman? Just trying to figure it all out. may just buy some arms and use the stock tie rods and draglink.

links are longer About 4" IIRC Drag link is different. I seriously doubt that the pittman arm will work. However, with high steer in a SOA 60, you won't need a drop pittman arm.

Look into Marlin or Lukes arms.

Pitman arm has the same spline count so it will bolt up to your sector shaft, whether or not it fits depends on frame clearance. Sky Mfg sells flat and 3/4 drop pitman arms.

I would recommend buying arms individually and then fabbing the links, several vendors sell weld in inserts that are threaded for the FJ80 TRE's that most of the high steer arms are tapered for.

Any arms that fit a mini truck will fit a 60.

I got a Marlin kit from Georg at Valley Hybrids. He answered my dumb questions when I called back months later during installation. I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom