FJ60 Gas miledge (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got 14.5 on the first tank of fuel that sat all winter. It's not running as well as it should. That is a mix of city and highway. I have 31's, stock gears, 4 speed.

Frank

Can't complain

140 to 150 miles out of a tank. The plugs are a perfect light tan color; so I know it is running lean. I won't complain about the mileage. With annual full coverage insurance at under $100 and no licensing fees (antique plate) every year it's cheap transportation.

16 Highway, 12 City. 33 muds, 5speed, 3.70's, .08 underdrive in high. (Marks T-case gears)

140 to 150 miles out of a tank. The plugs are a perfect light tan color; so I know it is running lean. I won't complain about the mileage. With annual full coverage insurance at under $100 and no licensing fees (antique plate) every year it's cheap transportation.

Dude thats 6.3 miles per gallon.

Hardly would call that cheap. I am getting 13 and that is not even close to cheap.

You need to check your engine, I've never heard a number that low.

i get ten mpg no matter where ive driven so far??
:frown: i got 32 11.50 tires, i recently got the truck and i rebuilt the carb myself and everything is stock i have a cat but no muffler (it fell off)

Check your timing, adjust valves, change air filter, keep your tires aired up, and don't forget about converting your "miles" to actual miles.

I have 33's so I use a 1.128% conversion on my odometer/ trip meter.

For 32's I'd use 1.093% x "miles" = actual miles

18 MPG after desmog

I just added headers, double cherry bomb straight pipe, iridium plugs, weber 32/36, K&N Air Filter system, and an HEI. and my cruiser is CRUZEN!:eek:

Still getting 12 wherever I go.

Since this old thread has been bumped, I'm now getting ~20mpg, but Moonshine is quite a bit different now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom