FJ60 2f rebuild questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pulled my head because I thought the hg was blown. Couldn't find any obvious signs of tear at the gasket. But I had coolant puddling on top of the head. I took my head to a shop to have him go over it. He found cracks when he mag-fluxed it. That at 312K miles. I'd take the head to get checked before getting into the lower end. And figure out if you need to find a replacement head. New 2f cylinders heads are no longer available. How many miles on this engine? 2x ...you may NOT need to rebuild the bottom end of the engine depending on mileage.
Yeah I think that is probably a good idea and will save time and money. HG is blown for sure, but if I can avoid rebuilding the bottom end it's probably best. it has 280k on it.

Hey guys, I hate to barge in on this thread with a non-engine rebuild question, but I noticed there are two members in my general area on here and I had a question for them, specifically for Dakotan and Spike Strip: like the two of you guys, I live in Los Angeles as well (Rancho Park/Century City area) and was wondering if either of you may know of a really really good metal fabricator that can help me with some windshield and drip rail rust repair? Trying to avoid the bondo job special and fix the rust with actual metal since I have a hefty roof rack on there as well. I'm willing to travel to the south bay, San Gabriel Valley, or San Fernando Valley. There's gotta be some talent in this county that I haven't found. Most of the shops I have seen the work of are in Orange or Ventura.

Thanks for any suggestions, and apologies again for the side-bust.

If you are going to do a total rebuild, have you considered doing a 2FE? Substantial improvement over the 2F. Just trying to make your decision more complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom