FJ55 interior trim paint question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am preparing to repaint the front heater box in my 1971 FJ55 and I am trying to find a good match for the original charcoal grey-ish paint color....I am looking for either a source for some good aerosol paint or paint code ,etc. (The brackets that mount to the floor behind the rear bench seat that holds the latch that secures the rear seat backs look to be a fairly close match to the heater box color as well??)

I'm pretty sure cool cruisers (and probably some other suppliers) sell a pewter color paint that is supposed to be a good match for the bumpers, grill, and rear heater box but, I have not seen the darker color for the front heater box. Any help would be great! Thanks!

-Lee

paint it black:D

rustoleom....pewter or silver hammer finish...cant remember...looks pretty darn good

osagecruiser

I used the rustoleum hammer finish...I thought it looked cool with a tad bit of "hammered" appearance.

Randy

Will get some then! May be a few days....

Here are some pics
my heater.jpg

PO installed. He just cut to fit and peiced it here and there and then secured it to the floor. Seems like I saw it on JCwhitney. Its called like diamond floor or somehting like that....

PS....I turned the emergency break the right way so it actually catches now! Yeah Me....learning each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom