Fj55 6.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The time is finally here! My ducks are in a row and it's time for the resurrection! First off it's fitting the 6.0 LS to the nv4500 and getting it mounted in the 55. Whole lot of wiring comes next. Then it's on to a full suspension mount redo so I can tuck the 37's instead of tower above them, then I'm tossing my front passenger drop dana 44 and putting in a HP drivers drop 44. I want to reuse the donor fuel tank and front seats.

1494972149577761612364.jpg
anyone know where the grey wire goes?
1494972254932873799667.jpg

Body swap and keep the IFS... You aren't gonna wheel it. You will just be doing you-tube burnouts with it.. Right?

I was just going to pull the engine but it was impossible to get to the two top bolts because the engine was tucked under the dash. As I started to pull the whole thing I realized I had to drop the front differential to clear the oil pan along with a bunch of little misc odds and ends. This was not a easy removal and I was trying to be careful since I wasn't sure what I'd need to reuse. Gnob, you don't happen to have a tuner for this thing do you? I need to do the ecm flash and get rid of emissions and security crap.

Sorry no tuner. Maybe James has access. Or i would think Google could help. Probably lots of people vdo a ship/tune return.

I have the ability to reflash a pcm as far as tuning....... not sure have not messed around enough to know. But Factory GM Flashing ability- Yes

I tried to stuff this thing in there with the nv4500 attached and it just wasn't happening. After 2 attempts I tried just the engine and even that was tight! Its just floating in the engine bay for now and I'll cut all the old mounts out tomorrow. Ordered a bunch of goodies today. Unfortunately one of the exhaust manifolds was cracked but they wouldn't have worked anyway so I have some block hugger headers coming. Hopefully they'll work. Also found out that the 1999/2000 6.0 and 4.8 are bastard years for these engines and almost nobody makes a flywheel for them and gm discontinued the factory one. I think I have the correct one coming but I'm not optimistic about it. I think I'm gonna have to cut out some of the inner fenders too, they neck in at the old shock mount location and this fat engine needs every inch it can get. Preliminary measurements put the shifter in a good location at least.
20170522_130412.jpg

20170522_144911.jpg

Next week for sure. I have a small mountain of new engine parts that finally all came in. I'm finishing up the Tundra tomorrow, adding tubular upper & lower control arms on the Nova on Monday and then it's all pig all the time.

Making some head way in between my "winter is coming" chores. I depinned the automatic trans wiring and started bolting on new parts and pieces. New water pump, thermostat, idlers, rear main, oil pan gasket, belt and a bunch of emission block off plates and the headers. Contemplated doing the timing chain but got lazy. Tried to put the flywheel on but since this is a bastard year engine it didn't fit and now I'm outside of the return policy! Doh! Gonna have to bite the bullet and order a special $500 flywheel. Anyway I think the next step is to remove the front sheet metal on the pig to make life easier. I've soaked all the bolts but those little 10mm guys break off if you look at them wrong. Onwards!
20170911_140215.jpg

At this rate the world will run out of gasoline by the time I'm done... After breaking another 5 10mm bolts and unscrewing another 48, the front is finally off!
20171127_163258.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom