fj45 steel tailgates. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a shop that will do them. I am having the FJ25 tailgate emblem done. They will be solid brass chromed and then enameled with threaded studs on the back.

MVC-895L.JPG

But with small quantities comes big dollar amounts per piece. The setup and mold fee is the kicker. I'd also need a mint emblem to use for the mold. For 8 of these, they are $250ish each. But the more we buy, the cheaper they get. For instance, I got prices on 40 FJ25 tailgate emblems and the price went down to about $160 each. Too bad I couldnt find 40 people to buy emblems.

So, someone pony up an emblem and I'll get some pricing together. :D

Mike as long as going going into the emblem business why not the 4X4 emblem for the tailgate. I know SOR has a sticker but I would rather have the real thing. When I bought my pickup SOR still had the emblem listed for like $10. Called then right after I got the truck and was told they were no longer available:crybaby: . I'll bet you can find more people to want the 4X4 emblem than the one for the 25s or the LVs

John

John,
I think I have an extra 4x emblem for the rear tailgate of the 45 pu. If I can find it, I will be happy to get it to someone who wants to reproduce the thing. That I may be able to get done locally but have no time to sell them. But I surely wouldn't mind sending it to Mike if he wants to make some.

As for the rear emblem on the wagon, a sticker version might be a start for some folks. But I am in for one if Mike can get them produced. I think Treeroot may have one of the cleanest but not sure. Not to mention that this is not something folks want to donate to a cause if by chance it caan be lost.

I sure hope it can be done, and if so, count me in!

Living in the Past said:
Mike as long as going going into the emblem business why not the 4X4 emblem for the tailgate. I know SOR has a sticker but I would rather have the real thing. When I bought my pickup SOR still had the emblem listed for like $10. Called then right after I got the truck and was told they were no longer available:crybaby: . I'll bet you can find more people to want the 4X4 emblem than the one for the 25s or the LVs

John

John, excuse me if I sound a little confused. Isn't the 4x4 emblem just a simple silkscreen onto a metal plate, similar to the process used on the VIN tags. I have an NOS emblem in a bag and IIRC, that's all it was. Also found one under a gas tank in a 45lwb a LONG time ago, and it was also the silkscreen on metal plate.

If so, repro should be a slam dunk.

65swb45 said:
John, excuse me if I sound a little confused. Isn't the 4x4 emblem just a simple silkscreen onto a metal plate, similar to the process used on the VIN tags. I have an NOS emblem in a bag and IIRC, that's all it was. Also found one under a gas tank in a 45lwb a LONG time ago, and it was also the silkscreen on metal plate.

Yep, the oval 4x4 is printed on brushed aluminum, cut out into an oval with an adhesive back. I figured it shouldn't be a big deal to reproduce. Specter offers a mylar decal- yuck.
I figured that a custom painted one would do fine and then wouldn't peel and get junk behind it.

yeah, the original 45LPB 4x4 emblem is nothing to fancy. SOR version on top, original on bottom
79180165.jpg

Lomusass,
I received my tailgate yesterday and it is absolutly beautiful! I wish I needed more parts from you! You were great to deal with, excellent communications that really set my mind at ease in a long distance transaction.

If anyone out there needs new steel for their truck.... Lomusass is THE MAN!!!!

65swb45 said:

If someone can build one of these then I'd be in for one.

Brian

Hi Paul - please PM your price to supply one FJ45 tailgate with four hinges.
Thanks

Hi Paul - please PM your price to supply one FJ45 tailgate with four hinges.
Thanks

Look in the FJ45 for sale section at the top of the 45 section. New tailgates available there. Proven seller who hasn't gone MIA with people's money and vehicles.

That said it does amaze me request for his product do still show up. Just a simple search of his name will convince anyone to stay clear.

Paul last logged in in 2011

Yup, right after he stiffed me for $450.00

Hello Paul

Do you still make this tailgates if you can write me

Suguiyama@hotmail.com

Curious did you even read the post just before yours? Search this site and a lot of similar posts about Paul. Things were great then all of a sudden went South. That included vehicles go missing in his care. Didn't feel comfortable with the group buy for tailgates from Paul. Bought one from the first batch from Kevin (Awl_TEQ) and couldn't be happier. Search the 45 section for his tailgate for sale. Think he was doing some more and possible still get in on that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom