SOLD FJ45-FJ80 Chassis Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Edit:

Limited time offer. I have a complete 2uz drivetrain for sale here for 3k
forum.ih8mud.com/threads/complete-swap-2uz-4speed-auto-t-case-set-up.1067205/
I will sell it with this project for 500.00. So that is you buy the project and drivetrain for 6500.

I have the engine listed separately and have had some interest. If it is still available this deal is an option.

So not sure where to post this so it May end up getting posted in the 80 section too.
I am selling my FJ45ish on FJ80 chassis project.

What I have for sale is a 1993 FZJ80 Chassis that has been stretched 7 inched at the long rear control arm Mounts. The frame is sleeved with 14 inch 3/16 inch inserts on each side that were roset welded and then welded around the circumference of the offset cut. I had this welding done by a professional, I believe it is stronger than it was with the inserts in place. The frame has a clean new Mexico title and comes with the data plates. It is sitting on stock 80 series axles, 16:steel tundra rims

The tub is an original 65ish Australian FJ45 removable top tub. I have removed the original dash to replace it with another left hand drive early ribbed dash. The dash needs welded in and so does the brake booster section on the firewall to complete the left hand drive conversion. This tub is in really good condition and the best of 5 tubes I had the opportunity to pick from for this project. Tub comes with the latches on the back.

Tub can come with your pick of Windshield frame, options are early 40 soft top frame or early 40 hard top frame. Both windshield frames have the vent under the window.

The fenders are original 40 fender that have been widened 3 inches by Classic Cruiser in Salida CO. The extra three inch width gives the fender comes out right to the edge of the tires, 37x12.50r17.

The bib and aprons are early 40

The hood is a 9.5 out od 10 condition Split hood. very nice.

The Box on the back is from a late 40s - early 50s telephone service truck. I lengthened the frame to fit the rear tires in the factory wheel wells.

The picture here is not entirely accurate as it sits now. I will get some current photos that show what is for sale.

I also have a Supercharge 2uzfe with 5 speed auto that could go with this. The drivetrain is listed in another article.

For the body and chassis I am going to ask 6,000 starting out. This price can change depending on what parts the buyer wants. It is located in Northern New Mexico.

I am sure I left something out so please ask any questions you might have.

Frame Extension.jpg

Last edited:
Please link new build here

Please link new build here

Will try to remember; however, you likely will be blind if you miss it. Can't decide if it will go in Hardcore or in the 45 section. Any thoughts?

If your wondering about my other builds to see what may be in store... check out the FOO thread that is getting Volvo portal axles right now, or the UTE (80 series turned star wars Truck) that is 90% done now, sitiing on a 9" longer 80 frame, with parts from Taco's and a Sequioia.

Last edited:
Will try to remember; however, you likely will be blind if you miss it. Can't decide if it will go in Hardcore or in the 45 section. Any thoughts?

If your wondering about my other builds to see what may be in store... check out the FOO thread that is getting Volvo portal axles right now, or the UTE that is 90% done now, sitiing on a 9" longer 80 frame, with parts from Taco's and a Sequioia.

hardcore section for sure...unless you decide to go back to stock(ish). I have one in a storage unit just waiting it's turn and will have the build in the hardcore section.

I'm subscribed to all of your builds...just hate when I miss the beginning of one and have a bunch of reading to catch up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom