FJ43 Rebuild or buy Remann (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to the forum as I have just purchased a 1982 FJ43 that was fully restored in South America. Unfortunately they left water in the block when they transported it to the NorthEast and now I have a cracked block. Over the last week I have been researching pretty extensively and am trying to make decision to get a block and have the engine rebuilt or purchase a Remann.

Does anyone have experience here? Would like to keep it authentic with a 2F; if I am going to be a Remann does a reputable company exist?

Thanks ahead of time for your help and guidance!

If you are near @FJ40Jim? He might be able to help. He's in Ohio.

There is another mudder with a 43 in the York area. @dsprenk

Are you sure it didn't just push out a freeze plug?

I am new to the forum as I have just purchased a 1982 FJ43 that was fully restored in South America. Unfortunately they left water in the block when they transported it to the NorthEast and now I have a cracked block. Over the last week I have been researching pretty extensively and am trying to make decision to get a block and have the engine rebuilt or purchase a Remann.

Does anyone have experience here? Would like to keep it authentic with a 2F; if I am going to be a Remann does a reputable company exist?

Thanks ahead of time for your help and guidance!

I had the exact same experience. Worst thing is that I was planning on flushing all the fluids right away, but I only had it 3 days and was gonna work on it that weekend, then it froze. I'm rebuilding my 2F. Got a used block and will transplant the good stuff off my cracked block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom