FJ40 won't idle help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fj40 stalls at idle, I've been trying to clean the carb and took this video. Is this normal to have fuel flowing only on the left side of the car??

Can't see video so taking a stab in dark.

If you're running a stock Asian carb, then the fuel will only flow from Primary bore at lower throttle opening and vacuum. The Secondaries open up when both the vacuum is high enough and throttle wide enough.

My fj40 stalls at idle, I've been trying to clean the carb and took this video. Is this normal to have fuel flowing only on the left side of the car??

Check the idle fuel cutoff solenoid.. make sure it has power and that it clicks when you apply 12v. Should click on and off with ignition key. It's a small cylinder with wire at the top of the carb.

It idles at full choke........

It'll run without a good cutoff switch. Just not very well... With the engine running, you can also spray carb cleaner around the gaskets at the base of the carb. If the rpm rises you have a leak.. Fuel cutoff is very easy to diagnose so it's worth trying first.

Check above.

For some reason you're likely not getting fuel from idle circuit. I've resolved with carb cleaner and 'Sea Foam'

Baring that, your carb needs a rebuild.

It'll run without a good cutoff switch. Just not very well... With the engine running, you can also spray carb cleaner around the gaskets at the base of the carb. If the rpm rises you have a leak.. Fuel cutoff is very easy to diagnose so it's worth trying first.

You can change plugs, cap and rotor, fuel filter and so on but I would check the above first. I installed new plugs and one of them was bad, drove me crazy.. changed them and all was well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom