fj40 with linked coilover 80 axle project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my upper and lower links at the frame are only about 3" apart..

BTW, you will never find a perfet world suspension. A lot of what you do is based on what fits where..

I hear ya on never finding the perfect suspension. I ran numbers through a suspension calculator for the rear and tweeked it to make the numbers look good but making it fit on the cruiser was a whole diff story. I had to move things around a little to make it fit. I hope it all works out. I havent taken all of the measurements and added them into the calculator to see what I came up with yet.
Mace, what kind of problems can you or do you have with your links in the front with alot of anti-dive?

I actually really like the way my front links are set up. Nothing really odd happens (although I do get a bit of loading/unloading depending on bind)

Imagine your front end lifting when you brake ;)

I actually really like the way my front links are set up. Nothing really odd happens (although I do get a bit of loading/unloading depending on bind)

Imagine your front end lifting when you brake ;)

How much travel you have Mace .. ?

16" Saw's in the front

If I did it again, I would do 14"ers..

Hey Mace, you have a pic of your ride?

what angle?

all

Sweet ride Mace thanks for the pics!

16" Saw's in the front

If I did it again, I would do 14"ers..

Why Mace ... more are not better or you prefeer have more in rear than front ?

16" front shocks are a bit excessive..

I finally got it free standing on its own. I have quite a bit of work to do still but here it is so far. I need to add a link to the front diff side and finish the steering and some nit pick things like bracing and such. I will lower it some too. I cant wait to get it rolling out on the trail. The tire is lifted 36" off of the ground in this pic with no binding or anything.
cruiser101.JPG
cruiser102.JPG

26" is what the frame height will end up being. In the pics the height is at 27" I am shooting for 25" to 26". It will settle after I put all of my hardware on it, winch, fuel tanks etc.etc.

DMV laws

What are your Department of Moter Vehicle laws say about that height?

Not sure what the DMV laws are here in Texas but I have seen many rigs taller than mine on the roads. My DD is a 2001 Dodge truck that is the same height as the cruiser and I have no issues with the laws with it. The finish height on the cruiser will most likely end up at around 25" at the lowest point on the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom