FJ40 Seats done! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The seat were in decent shape considering. Frames still in great shape but they were tired.. I ended up not redoing the rear seats. They were still that good. My re-plating set up is small so its a tedious process re-plating these and the rest of the interior bolts...

20200109_164309.jpg

20191209_144748.jpg

20191209_145239.jpg

20200109_164331.jpg

What was wrong with the old seats? That's what duct tape is for. And now back to the real world........the new covers look great. I do have one question though. What are the spring loaded fixtures on the seat back?

The seat were in decent shape considering. Frames still in great shape but they were tired.. I ended up not redoing the rear seats. They were still that good. My re-plating set up is small so its a tedious process re-plating these and the rest of the interior bolts...

View attachment 2423291

View attachment 2423292

View attachment 2423293

View attachment 2423294
I must ask...have you come up with a way to do multiple bolts, washers, small parts at the same time. I have Caswell's kit and damn, it will take me forever to do everything.

I am not really sure what they are. I didn't want to take the time to fill the screw holes at this time so I put them back on the seat after completing the restoration. I have seen them on a few pics of FJ40 seats from time to time but have not had the time to research completely.

The seat covers are from CruiserCorps.com

I have tried a few methods with varying levels of success but what seems to work is a larger tank with bigger plates and a power supply that can handle the draw. the power supply will limit how many pieces you can do at once.

I have tried a few methods with varying levels of success but what seems to work is a larger tank with bigger plates and a power supply that can handle the draw. the power supply will limit how many pieces you can do at once.
Do you actually hang all the individual bolts and washers?

My 71 has those on the doors. Never knew what they were for, guessing someone put them there when the doorstops broke off years ago.

chrome_2020-09-02_09-15-28.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom