Fj40 reproduction / custom dash knobs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crimsonaudio

2003 - Gojira
SILVER Star
Threads
I know Amaurer is out of the reproduction / custom knob business, wondering if anyone else has started making reproduction and custom dash knobs for our FJ40s. Seems that with 3d printing this would be much less expensive to start doing if someone had the equipment and desire.

I'd be willing to pay a premium for a couple of custom knobs that fit the profile of the existing knobs in my '72, for example - knobs I no longer use (or am missing and don't need) but I could use / fill those holes in the dash.

I'm unaware of anyone doing this, but thought I'd ask in case it slipped by me somehow...

Yah, I've seen those, more curious about custom reproductions, but his work is impeccable.

Yah, I've seen those, more curious about custom reproductions, but his work is impeccable.

Thank you Very much for the kind words , :)

i am indeed passionate beyond words about my Pull Switch & Rotary Knob Restore work .

But also respect and am intrigued other Ideas on the KNOB topic as well .........

Last edited:
These are Reproduction Knobs that are

NO LESS then Works or ART by a

Master Craftsman Grade Skill-Set Level

@Krondor

I have purchased a 1/2 Dozen of his LIGHTS Rotary Knobs , and the Quality is There .....:idea:

1570492641762.png

1570492664731.png

1570492692997.png

Regarding the Custom Knob Topic of this thread that @crimsonaudio mentions in his first post ,

i will be Commencing production a even More Powerful Lumens Output back-lit Knob Pull

switch line up restoring the main Metal box , but indeed tweaking the OEM TOYOTA illuminated

knob itself and also adding a Bigger & Badd'r LED Bulb !

And YES ! my LED
HAZARD Knobs have officially Been Turned To The

DARK SIDE ...........

Coming for the 2019 Holiday Season :

1570494110743.png

1570494252719.png

8F64AA9C-D992-4136-BCD9-CD6026EAF98C.jpeg

2178015A-5688-4B3D-8E88-8D23C34D53E4.jpeg

CF7AEC5A-13D2-46F8-8C9E-7B6B13041D2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Yah, Red Line recreated the knobs as aluminum billets for a while, I suspect the demand was too low to continue manufacturing. We FJ40 jockeys tend to be a thrifty bunch.

There was a guy here who literally recreated the knobs and would do custom inscriptions, etc (amaurer) but he left the business some time ago. Not sure why, but I gather that his real life made this side gig untenable.

It seems in the this day and age someone with a decent 3D scanner and 3D printer could replicate these hard-to-find specimens (and create new, never before seen knobs as well) without too much trouble. But perhaps I'm just dreaming. :)

Regarding the Custom Knob Topic of this thread that @crimsonaudio mentions in his first post ,

i will be Commencing production a even More Powerful Lumens Output back-lit Knob Pull

switch line up restoring the main Metal box , but indeed tweaking the OEM TOYOTA illuminated

knob itself and also adding a Bigger & Badd'r LED Bulb !

And YES ! my LED
HAZARD Knobs have officially Been Turned To The

DARK SIDE ...........

Coming for the 2019 Holiday Season :

View attachment 2101717

View attachment 2101718

View attachment 2101732

View attachment 2101733

View attachment 2101734
These look great!! Can you make a SPDT switch for a custom install I am working on?

I'm working in getting a winch install to look factory, instead of using the Toyota lever control I'm thinking about using a SPDT pull switch with a custom knob

View attachment 2886724
Curious, are you looking at a 3 position push/pull switch or a toggle switch? The typical winch switch is a 3 position with spring return to center.

Last edited:
I'm working in getting a winch install to look factory, instead of using the Toyota lever control I'm thinking about using a SPDT pull switch with a custom knob

View attachment 2886724

What type of winch? You mention Toyota PTO lever but thinking of using an electric winch solenoid. A lot of work but it would be possible to control a Toyota PTO with a dash switch. Have the background to do it but wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom