FJ40 Pics from "Back in the day" (70's, 80's) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CD81708F-2E4B-4A08-8DC2-28504A2CC582.jpeg

Circa 1988. In front of our rented house at 2110 Adams Street, New Orleans, LA. We had placed a sofa on top of the roll bar. Foolish, I know. We only drove for two blocks. Soon-to-be physicians at that time, but today nearing retirement age. L-R Lee, Del & Chris - Hope life has treated you well! Fun times.

pic065.jpg

I talk to the second owner of my 74 FJ40 a few times here and there and called him yesterday for some pictures. He stated that he had some when he would go hunting. The pictures are in a place where it would require moving some items around. He also said he had a lot of pictures to go through to find some. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he takes the time to look.
He bought the cruiser in 1975 and sold it to his neighbor sometime after his son blew the motor. He’s son also rolled it in there neighbor at some point as well.
The cruiser has not been on the road since 1994. The neighbor turned around and sold it to my dad in 1998. Soon after buying it for $1000 my dad built a shop behind his house to store the cruiser. I ended up buying it from him about 4 years ago and payed the same price that my dad bought it for. Plus he already had a couple of thousand dollars of parts for it.
Below is what it looked liked after I bought it from my dad. The front TPI springs was already done and the back was on center blocks. One of the first things I did was installed the rear springs when I bought it.

Back in the day, Scout owners would look at FJ40's and call them j**ps, j**p owners would look at scouts and see.........jeeps parts!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom