Fj40 ignition assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know how to test the mid/ later 70s ignition assemblies. I have like 4 extra sitting on the shelf and although they came off running vehicles I’d like to test them and verify they are good. Thank you for any help.

Anyone know how to test the mid/ later 70s ignition assemblies. I have like 4 extra sitting on the shelf and although they came off running vehicles I’d like to test them and verify they are good. Thank you for any help.
Are you asking about the igniters? The early ones were used from 1/75 through 9/77. Then the design changed when Toyota went from semi-electronic to fully electronic ignition.

Are you asking about the igniters? The early ones were used from 1/75 through 9/77. Then the design changed when Toyota went from semi-electronic to fully electronic ignition.

toyota genuine parts 4 - Copy (2).png

I think I read an old thread here on MUD about how to test igniters, but IIRC it takes some special equipment. The best way is to temporarily swap them into a running vehicle and see if they work. That's what I do to test used igniters from other Toyota vehicles to see if they work with the Land Cruiser fully electronic distributors.

BTW, the 1/75 through 9/77 igniters can be used on any F engine points distributor in lieu of the internal or external condenser. You're basically converting an early distributor to semi-electronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom