FJ40 Identification help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Frame is completely unmolested - I think there might be something to the fact that it was Canadian ... maybe they didn’t stamp frames there ... my numbers are consistent with 76 canandian
Have you registered it yet ? They last 40 I bought CA dmv actually did a vin check on my frame before they would allow me to register it.

Have you registered it yet ? They last 40 I bought CA dmv actually did a vin check on my frame before they would allow me to register it.
Yea, the inspector sanded down the frame and told me she does it all the time. Good luck on finding the VIN because they will have to assign a basic vin to it, and drill it into your car I think. Not sure on that, maybe it’s just a sticker.

I have registered actually but it needs to pass the nazi CA smog to drive around
Don’t diesels have a shorter exemption than gassers? I think you should be ok

1616307991346.png

This is unique opertunity to share some of my book of power , I have only ever seen this copy I plucked out of the trash Jan 2 1990 at Jerry’s toyota Baltimore Maryland

It’s North American specific

See all this crazy jaZz is well TECH ..,

D75620B2-2016-4440-925C-1FC4D6A26874.jpeg
3DD08828-18ED-419D-92B4-8FA87A0D30E7.jpeg

Nor was that last posting from his earlier "...CA vs Federal identification" thread... :)

Can u post a link to this reference please

Thabks

In my home work digging it was suggested a Fj40 -kcjk could be also a EU soec of some sort ?

Odd

the frames are stamped when the rigs are rolled out of Toyota assembly plants

THats Right Paul NO land Cruiser ever Rolled out of PLANT A11 with out a frame number

Only a dealer replacement frame would be ID number less

Much like a serial number less 2 F long block dealer installed under warrenry or for what ever reason

The tech was expected to TRanSFER the engine # over with hand punch dies

I was like yeaaaaa right I am not smacking any engine cast iron block with a hammer not me Jack !

Nor was that last posting from his earlier "...CA vs Federal identification" thread... :)

Ok I see the link now

Haha

My book of power has a brother here on mud

We should combine notes for the greater good

Good eye !

so I think I need to just clarify what I know so far then out of this:

I have a Canadian FJ
its a 1976

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom