FJ40 factory speaker location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DKM

Threads
Done a few searches, but can't seem to find anything. The FJ40 had a factory radio option, so obviously they had the optional factory speakers somewhere. Anyone know where those were mounted/located from the factory? The wiring diagram I saw showed two speakers. I have seen a billion threads about aftermarket kits, etc...., just curious where they were located as factory options. Bonus points for any pics. Thanks!

Technically mounted on the outside of the glovebox on a shelf to right.

1974 location. Cage is inside the glove box.
20220809_122557.jpg
Single speaker.
20220809_122312.jpg

1974 location. Cage is inside the glove box. View attachment 3082221Single speaker.
That's the only OEM speaker I've ever known about. Not sure where the 2nd would have been if that was ever a thing. I've had some earlier than '76 40s, which I have now, and still can't recall ever seeing a 2nd speaker location.

78 speaker mounted on the outside of the glove box.
- 78 unixman.jpg
Ha! I found it. I've only had my cruiser for a few months, but these things are so cool. See pic. Now I can hook up a radio and blast some tunes! I only found one and didn't see anything on the drivers side, so I'm guessing there's just one. I just snapped this pic and marked it up in case someone stumbles on this thread down the road and needs some help finding it. The speaker faces down.

78 FJ40 Speaker copy.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom