FJ40 F155 engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1974 F155 engine I would like to know the approx value if I decide to sell it. I bought it about 10 years ago and was told it was from FJ that was totaled in an accident and the engine had 10,000 original miles on it. I took it to my engine builder and he removed the head and freshened it up with a valve job and new seals. The engine was inspected and the wear was consistent with an engine with approx 10k miles on it. I also have a 4 speed trans that was also gone through by a clutch n gear shop. Any helpnwith an approx value would be greatly appreciated

20230331_160955.jpg

The last two F155’s i got were free. And assembled. :meh:

Dont mean to be a downer, but its going to be tough to find someone willing to take any significant financial risk on a disassembled engine. Sure, there is some value there in the parts to someone, but its not a whole lot. Recent complete assembled F155 engine sold locally, the seller was asking $350. Cant remember if it was a known runner or not…

Where you are located will influence price a lot. I’ve posted this in other threads: seems like when I’m selling one they are free and when I need one they are $1000.

I think yours is an F.5? Updated oiling over an F.

This is no joke, based on the travails of two recent postings by forum members: do you know the exact location of the head bolts?

Also, unless the shop pulled the pan and inspected the bearings, I would be VERY wary of any engine that had a Delco distributor in it. I bought my first Landcruiser from a guy who bailed after his second engine failure in less than 10k with a Delco. They are known engine killers.☹️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom