fj40 body fj80 frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay so I am thinking of trying to find a rusty, beat up fj40 tub to put on my fj80 frame... Hood, grill, and tub to be exact. This will be a rockcrawler type project. Anybody have any logistic thoughts or advice? This would be my first project of this type and I have no real experience with fj40s

Lance's beatiful 40/80 build thread - linked above.

Wagoneer's 45 pickup on an 80.

Jason S. in Tampa did a hybrid build a few years back - hacked the back off an 80 frame and welded to the front section on a 40 frame - 3 linked the front. Built small block and SM465 with a doubler - air shocks - cab cage and nice gun-metal grey paint.

All are pretty sik.

Here is mine....

I really need to get an updated overall picture, anyhow...

1996 LX450 chassis with factory E-lockers. 2014 GM aluminum 5.3 LS with 6L80E automatic and Land Rover LT230 transfer case. Engine is tucked up in the chassis for full oem front uptravel and flat to the frame belly. 1970ish FJ40 tube that I cut in half to make an FJ45-esk pickup cab out of. I also 'pinched' the door openings parallel to make the cab about 56" wide total. 40" tires on beadlocks with full lock to lock steering with the OEM stops. I will be making most of the body including an aluminum modular hard top and hard 2pc doors with glass sliding windows. The front fenders will be aluminum and raised to the hood. Grill needs the corners taken out. The bed is going to be an aluminum step side design. The frame is getting bobbed on both ends as much as practical. 30 gallon stainless fuel tank behind the axle......and a partridge in a pear tree.

Blender, My LX450/FZJ80 + FJ45esk + GM + Land Rover crazy concoction - Expedition Portal

or

Jumping ship... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Where did it go?

Hello everyone, I'm newly registered but been a guest here before, so this is my first post while I read through the welcome pack of suggestions, do's and do not's listed in the forum user guide, for now I am not sure why the link above comes with an error, was the thread moved? or deleted?
Holy Thread resurrection.

This thread is from 2010, some of the links may not work because the site has been reorganized a couple of times since then.

Ok, I have searched and I can't find IPOR's FZJ40 build either. Has it been deleted!?:bang:

IPOR's thread was removed from public view.

IPOR's thread was removed from public view.

WHY_zpsd8cgtsaa.jpg

No idea

Here is mine....

I really need to get an updated overall picture, anyhow...

1996 LX450 chassis with factory E-lockers. 2014 GM aluminum 5.3 LS with 6L80E automatic and Land Rover LT230 transfer case. Engine is tucked up in the chassis for full oem front uptravel and flat to the frame belly. 1970ish FJ40 tube that I cut in half to make an FJ45-esk pickup cab out of. I also 'pinched' the door openings parallel to make the cab about 56" wide total. 40" tires on beadlocks with full lock to lock steering with the OEM stops. I will be making most of the body including an aluminum modular hard top and hard 2pc doors with glass sliding windows. The front fenders will be aluminum and raised to the hood. Grill needs the corners taken out. The bed is going to be an aluminum step side design. The frame is getting bobbed on both ends as much as practical. 30 gallon stainless fuel tank behind the axle......and a partridge in a pear tree.

Blender, My LX450/FZJ80 + FJ45esk + GM + Land Rover crazy concoction - Expedition Portal

or

Jumping ship... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
How's the project coming along ?i made some progress since last time I checked in this weekend I may fire it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom