For Sale Fj40 axle front and back with disk breaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m also in Chicago and am planning to put FJ40 axles under my Series Land Rover this winter so these may work out well. Are these coarse spline or fine spline axles? Some of the quick research I’ve done says pre 1975 would be coarse.

Thanks,
Joe

So I think that is a trick question from what I’ve read . :)

Front - Pre 78 - The inner axle running into the 3rd member will be a 30 spline axle. The outer birfield, will be
course

Rear - 69 later we’re fine running to the diff.

I’m in Lake Forest, north of the city about 30 miles

Let me know if you want to see the axles. I’m back in town after the holiday.

What size tires you plan to run? I have a set of 35x10.5 swampers that are basically new that I used with them for sale as well.

Hahahaha yeah it seems to get a little confusing on what year the change was made to the fine spline. I’ll have to do some more research On that. I haven’t decided on tire size but may be interested are they for 15” wheels? I’m in the city but could make a trip out to see the axles on a weekend. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks
Joe

Thanks for the quick reply I’ll probably pass on the tires was hoping for 16” and would want radial. I’m trying to make the Rover a little easier to drive on trips/around town. I’ll PM you when I have a day free to swing by and check the axles out.

Thanks
Joe

Thanks for the quick reply I’ll probably pass on the tires was hoping for 16” and would want radial. I’m trying to make the Rover a little easier to drive on trips/around town. I’ll PM you when I have a day free to swing by and check the axles out.

Thanks
Joe

OK sounds good.

Might as well check them out. 41 north to deerpath exit then 2 miles easy

Thanks
Joe
Any more thoughts about seeing the axles?

I’m back in town

The next few weekends are pretty busy for me but I may be able to swing out and take a look near the end of September. What are you looking to get for them?

800 for both

They were rebuilt with less than 100 miles in then

Lockouts work

The back axle has been converted to disk brakes with only 30 miles. That kit was $400 dollars alone for the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom