FJ25 parts ,what's worth ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
found an FJ25,in PR. how often or rare are the soft top parts to score? will post pictures for reference or to know if i can go back asking for a total price for the rig,no windshield, engine and trans maybe not oem but still toyota ,maybe like 74.
IMG_0271.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg

That's not a 25 grill, it's a 40 grill.

And I love the lock on the hood. Perfect PR :)

It's not a FJ25 but a 63 or earlier FJ40. The notch for the rod for the column shifter were not on the FJ25s. All those were four speeds with a floor shifter. The stamped bezel would be worth something. If it had door or factory bows those would have a market. No one is making those for sale.

probably an early '62 or late '61........, looks like the large filler neck, do you have any more pictures? any fear quarter panel shots?

it may have the dual front turn signals

probably an early '62 or late '61........, looks like the large filler neck, do you have any more pictures? any fear quarter panel shots?

it may have the dual front turn signals

Is the housing for the fill neck housing any bigger or just the cut opening on the end? I have both a large and small fill neck housing loose somewhere but not together.One of these day I need to check this out.

I know where there used to be 6 or so sets that were reproduced;)

Were these ever posted a on Mud? I would have thought that many pairs something would have showed up. Did they also make the correct soft doors? those would be more work then the bows. I'm not worried about bows or doors I just curious when the canvas will be available without taking out a second mortage.

Is the housing for the fill neck housing any bigger or just the cut opening on the end?

after looking at the picture again, I think it is the smaller filler neck.

the larger one is only about a 1/2" wider, but extends inside the tub about 30% further.

a couple of interesting tidbits;

1) an FJ25 filler neck actually sits in the sheet metal just behind the door, while the
FJ40 shares a similar door opening, the FJ40 filler neck is situated in the quarter
panel

2) I have an FJ25/28 parts book that is dated 1963, with the ten digit parts #'s?
What is the confirmed end of production for the 20 series?

John can you confirm where the large filler neck is located on your 40 series? with the

after looking at the picture again, I think it is the smaller filler neck.

the larger one is only about a 1/2" wider, but extends inside the tub about 30% further.

a couple of interesting tidbits;

1) an FJ25 filler neck actually sits in the sheet metal just behind the door, while the
FJ40 shares a similar door opening, the FJ40 filler neck is situated in the quarter
panel

2) I have an FJ25/28 parts book that is dated 1963, with the ten digit parts #'s?
What is the confirmed end of production for the 20 series?

John can you confirm where the large filler neck is located on your 40 series? with the

Sean the reason for the 63 date on the parts book is because Toyota printed a parts book in 63 for the earlier FJ25 when they switched to the 10 digit part numbering system. The only info I have for the 25 is the 63 book and micro-fiche. In the back are both old and new number systems. Guessing starting with the new system Toyota expected their dealer to order wilth the ten digit numbers even if it was a earlier model. I have never seen a FJ25 produced in Japan from later than 1960. The ones made in South America may have been produced longer.

The early (62) FJ40 soft top tub has the fill neck in the same location as the hard top models. But 62 had the smaller fill neck. Planned on changing it to a larger fill neck. though I just had to widen the opening. I guess I will be changing the housing as well if I want to go that route. I think the one location for fill neck on all all model (hard top/soft top) started with the FJ40. The only 61 FJ40s I have with the larger fill neck are both hard tops so the fill neck had to further back anyway. I believe Marshall (Trollhole) has a 61 micro-fiche. The fill neck info should be in there. I have a 62 and some later micro-fiche but not 61. Still trying to find out if the brake were different in 61.

well,thanks for all the inf. my bad posted here and not on the 40 section. i will pass on this,don't need any parts just in case someone will. anyway it's like 2 1/2 hrs driving from my house.

KY Longhunter said:
Eshu

I need these front bow pieces for my 62.
Anychance seller would part with them?

My other option is to fab some.

If course I don't have any bows, so just a wild goose hunt.

Alex

These are what I need...
image-4174967858.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom