FJ25 Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi I am thinking of buying a F135 head gasket & other things from SOR we cant here in Aus. Can anyone varify the quality of there gaskets or is there some where else. Is it best to join there club or can anyone advise me, also on shipping etc. Cheers Fred.

Fred. I have bought quite bit through sor (no gaskets yet). All been pretty good. The delivery has always been quick and accurate. The main issue is they won't take international credit cards including Australian even with a history of purchasing through them. They also don't have Paypal set up. It only leaves you with international bank transfers so your cost goes up another $30. I joined to get the discount but they don't prorata it so you need to have decent order to make it worthwhile. Saying that it all much easier than trying to scrape bits and pieces together from over here.

Cheers Dobster

BJ43 shooting 11.15.09

dsc00729q.jpg

beamed it back in 1909
but what happened in 1909 :hmm:
let`s see
;)
President: William H. Taft
Vice President: James S. Sherman
Astronomers sight what might be a planet beyond Neptune
The US government leaves the Isle of Cuba as Jose Gomez is sworn in as president of the republic.
Men and women over 70 draw their first old-age pensions.
Commander Robert E Peary of the US Navy is the first person to reach the North Pole.
President Taft announces that a naval base will be built in Pearl Harbor to protect the US from Japanese attack.
Japan begins 36-year occupation of Korea. Japanese prince Hirobumi Ito assassinated by Korean nationalist.
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is founded by prominent black and white intellectuals and led by W. E. B. Du Bois.

1909 Production figures
Production this year-123,990 passenger cars and 3,297 trucks and buses

• By year's end, more than 290 makes are built in the US, in 24 states, 45 from Michigan, 44 from Indiana, 39 from Ohio
  • The Selden patent was sustained as valid and infringed upon by Ford
  • President William Howard Taft and Mrs. Taft ride in a White Steamer to the inaugural ball.
  • The American death toll in horse-related accidents is 3,850-more than in motor vehicle accidents
  • The 5th Vanderbilt Cup Race, on Long Island, was won by Harry Grant in an Alco, on October 30
  • Fabric or cape tops, called one-man tops, appeared on the market
  • First electric horn
  • Legislators from New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut meet to plan a uniform traffic code
  • D W Griffith's movie 'Drive For Life' has a high-speed car chase
  • The first rural section of concrete pavement, a one-mile stretch, opens on Woodward Ave near Detroit on July 4 at a cost of $13,534
  • First event at Indianapolis Motor Speedway was a hot air balloon race
  • This year's Glidden Tour is the longest ever at 2,636 miles
  • Detroit: 1,000 cars on display in Glidden Auto Parade; said to be biggest in history
  • A Maxwell-Briscoe was driven from New York to Oakland by Alice H. Ramsey, the 1st woman to make the cross-country trip
  • The Ninth National Automobile show focuses on customer satisfaction, not merely taking orders. Some 71% of gaoline-engined cars exhibited are four-cylinder, 27% are six-cylinder
  • Some steering wheels have a corrugated underside to prevent hand slippage
  • This year's manufacturing trends include larger numbers of cellular-type radiators, greater use of magnetos, more chrome-nickel steel and vanadium steel
  • High-tension ignition systems replace make-and-break setups on most cars
  • Louis Chevrolet, auto racer, drove a 40-horsepower Buick to victory in the Cobe Cup race in Crown Point, Indiana on June 19
  • Barney Oldfield drove his German Benz racer to five world records on August 21 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Oldfield drove his 120-horsepower machine to world records at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 miles
  • Joan Newton Cuneo beats the famous driver Ralph DaPalma in a road race in New Orleans. Shortly after that, the American Automobile Association bans women from racing
  • On November 20, federal court rules Standard Oil in violation of Sherman Antitrust Act, orders cessation of trade; case to go to Supreme Court
  • Incandescent lamps are used in automobile headlights. They replace carbide flame jets
  • When women take up automobile driving, a new field open for fashion designers. Special clothes for motoring include a long viel to keep a lady's hat in place. 'Automobile wrinkles' are soothed away by the application of raw, freshly cut cucumbers
US Auto Manufacturers

• Sears-Roebuck offers cars in its catalog
  • Maxwell begins successful advertising campaign in rural weeklies
  • In 1909, 10,607 Ford Model-T's were sold. By the 1920's 50% of all registered cars were Model-T's
  • The first 800 Model T's produced were brought out with 2 levers and 2 pedals
  • Cadillac, Oakland and other automakers join General Motors Company
  • The Hupmobile featured transmission clutch in unit with the motor, multiple-disc clutch,& fuel reserve in gasoline tank
  • Hudson Motor Car Company is founded, with the first cars produced in July (as 1910 models)
  • Louis Chevrolet, famous racer, began work on a six-cylinder passenger car of his own design, in his Detroit shop
  • Henry B. Joy became president of Packard
  • Gramm trucks featured overdrive transmission
  • The White Company built a gasoline engine driven car to replace the famous White Steamer
  • W. S. Seaman & Company (later Seaman Body Corp.) built their first automobile bodies in Milwaukee.
  • Buick's four cylinder Model 7 is huge, with 5 X 5-inch bore and stroke for 392.6 cid; only 85 are sold for 1909-1910
  • Packard launches a smaller, less expensive Model 18 with a 265.7 cid, four-cylinder engine
And From the World

• Ford opens a Model-T assembly plant in Britain.
  • Paris adopts one-way streets.
  • Alfa-Romeo, Suzuki Loom Works are founded
  • Anglo-Persian Oil Company (later British Petroleum) formed
  • Payne-Aldrich tariff taxes autos imported into the US at 45%
  • European countries set common noise and smoke regulations
  • August Horch has a falling-out with his co-directors, and leaves the company. He sets up the August Horch Automobilwerk, and his old company, Horch sues. August Horch renames his company Audi
1909 Production
1. Ford.........................................................17,771
2. Buick........................................................14,606
3. Maxwell......................................................9,460
4. Studebaker/EMF...........................................7,960
5. Cadillac......................................................7,868
6. Reo...........................................................6,592
7. Oldsmobile..................................................6,575
8. Willys-Overland...........................................4,907
By the Numbers
US Population........................................90,490,000

Federal spending ................................ $0.69 billion
Unemployment ............................................... 5.1%
DOW Avg....................................................99.06

Avg. Income (year) ....................................... $944
New Home (Median Price) ............................ $2,650
New Car (Avg. Cost) .................................. $1,280
Gas (gallon) .................................................... 6¢
Stamp.............................................................2¢

Bacon (pound).................................................23¢
Bread (Loaf)..................................................... 5¢
Butter (pound) ............................................... 34¢
Eggs (dozen) ................................................. 32¢
Milk (Qt)..........................................................8¢
Steak (lb).......................................................19¢
Sugar (pound) ................................................. 6
¢
http://local.aaca.org/junior/mileposts/1909.htm

cmppk3m20091116065901.jpg

Cheers ;)
Peter

Spent yesterday and today battling worms in my computer. :mad: Really cuts into the quality time. Today was supposed to be trailer day...............managed to create more projects than finish them. :lol:
IMG_3017.jpg

(this looks really funky in "safe" mode)

Nobody fell for the faux FJ25 wheels? It's got 650-16's.

Local Craigs as Johnny figured out, box is a full 4' x 6' inside so it's wider than a 416 (but the same as a 25 with side spare). Seller thought it was from the 40's but I don't think so, the way it's built says 60's commercial to me. Surplus from a local utility. Trying to sell the big 101 and was checking out the competition................ :rolleyes:

Wow Jim...that is freaken nice!!!

It's too bad about the computer woes...I hate when this stuff happens...but hey, look at that sweet set-up!

Wish I could figure out how you guys age those pics...that would be one cool pick to see aged :beer:

If you would have waited a while I notice the wheel. Didn't know it was fake. The hole doesn't look perfectly line up to the fill stem. How much you want for the M101? Your looks in better shape then mine. You want to trade for the gas tank?:rolleyes: Could use a tarp like that if you find one you your area. There seems to be more you your neck of the woods.

I hate computer problems. I was proud of myself. My wife's netbook lost it's path to the internet. I was able get it fixed for her.:clap: Anybody who knows me knows how big a deal that is.:lol:

If you would have waited a while I notice the wheel. Didn't know it was fake. The hole doesn't look perfectly line up to the fill stem. How much you want for the M101? Your looks in better shape then mine. You want to trade for the gas tank?:rolleyes: Could use a tarp like that if you find one you your area. There seems to be more you your neck of the woods.

I hate computer problems. I was proud of myself. My wife's netbook lost it's path to the internet. I was able get it fixed for her.:clap: Anybody who knows me knows how big a deal that is.:lol:

I just spray painted an oval near the stem. ;p The valve stem is one of those old 4" long truck tube things.

I was asking $900 for the 101, we'll see, I don't need to sell. The tarp is just that, not a fitted cover. I should have another one, bought them as curtains for the front porch. :hillbilly:

I would like to see more pics of that trailer....is there any data plate or indication of maker? stampings of any kind?

Johnny, not an identifying mark on that trailer, maybe when I pull a wheel I'll find something. Probably start a thread in trailers someday. A-Frame and tongue has had serious work, tailgate is hinged top and bottom, maybe it was a dump at one time? Bumper with taillights is just a bolted on c-channel, doesn't belong on there.
IMG_3018.jpg
IMG_3019.jpg
IMG_3020.jpg

that does look very much like a willys trailer...but...not exactly.

from what i have been finding out about them ...they were sold thru willys...but...not built by willys.

this could very well have been made by the same company? :meh:

i'll need to do more digging :hmm:

very cool looking trailer ....maybe i'll get the next one that pops up :rolleyes:

:D

looks great with an fj25...the reflectors and rims really make that trailer fit in with a cruiser look....you need fj25 tail lights to finish it off :) and....welll.new paint :)

Bantam made a trailer in Butler PA, The same company that made the 1st Jeep GP. (Most of you don't need the history lesson)
The trailer they made would be neat for behind a TLC other than the wheels would not be similar.
The Bantam T3-C Page is the site that I know of.

not the bantam trailers...i am talking about the willys utility trailers.

Bantam had trailers and Spen was also authorized sold thru willys...spens were a bit different....flat deck...not ribed...and a shorter tailgate....but looked like the generic m-100 style.

the utility trailers were a lot different from them...they were not made by bantam or spen...but...sold tru some dealers in the 1945-1965 time frame.

1st pic is a Bantam trailer
2nd pic is a Spen trailer
3rd pic is what they call the Willys utility trailer
bant2.jpg
SpenTrailer.gif
1949-willys-jeep-utility-trailer-21126681.jpg

Hmm, It thought it was much newer than the Bantam or Willys. :hmm:

I'm going with #3, any links or other pics? Some of the details really jive, spring mounts, greasable shackles, stake pockets, lighter axle, but most importantly it has a stamped c-channel frame. The bed supports are built the same way. This is what mine has (reinforced with too thick angle welded to the inside and a a 3/8" plate welded at the tongue and torched to resemble a lunette ring. :) You guys are really going to make me bring it up from the back 40 to take more pics. :p

Happy Thanksgiving folks! I need to check out......... :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom