FJ Seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ40 came with some pretty worn out seats. Replacing the internal foam and seat covers seems like the best next step, however, I'm not sure that these seats are actually the originals that came with it. A search online is making me doubt that so I wanted to see if anyone here can recognize if they are from an older model or from a different Toyota altogether (they have the TEQ logo on the bottom of the metal seat pan).

Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

FJ_Seat1.jpg
FJ_Seat2.jpg
FJ_Seat3.jpg

Seat and bracket, original; upholstery, not!

Look pretty original, just look like they have been recovered....but I will defer to the experts on this.

A.

Originally they were made to use headrests. Not sure if by 76 headrests were an option or standard. I know 73/74 there were an option but still have the posts to mount them. Seen so many reupholstered seats that have covered the posts for headrests, which I'm not sure why. If your going to reupholster them back to stock would want the posts.

Originally they were made to use headrests. Not sure if by 76 headrests were an option or standard. I know 73/74 there were an option but still have the posts to mount them. Seen so many reupholstered seats that have covered the posts for headrests, which I'm not sure why. If your going to reupholster them back to stock would want the posts.
My May 1976 production didn’t have headrests, but had the mounting posts under the vinyl. So I’m guessing they were an option in that year. That said, I can’t 100% confirm that the vinyl is original.

The posts were always there and exposed from 9/72-12/78. Few years earlier our bench seats had hidden posts. The bucket seats always had exposed posts. The 40s without headrests after 9/72 had plugs installed in the posts. Bought a set of bucket seats from a 74 FJ40 early in the eighties. No headrest but all four posts had th
e fitted plugs. Here is the part number for the plans which are NLA. 71756-90321

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom