FJ Cruiser spotted on the Rubicon trail! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ARB is coming out w/ a Tacoma bullbar this christmas I hear. The one you have seen is a modified Prado 120 bullbar, but ARB USA modified it. ARB front locker is on the way as well...

OME 4Runner kit- I think mine and my friend Andries are the first 4R w/ OME. We did alot of calculations and measuring and talking w/ Prado owners and decided to take the plunge.

Btw SLEE was the vendor who supplied it to us. Ben was the only one who knew the part #'s and some idea of what was going on w/ this platform.

Looking at the FJC, the underside is near identical (except shorter of course).

FirstToy,

Your 4Runner is nice. I wish there were more 4th gen's out there like that. It seems like a very competent rig.

Thanks, I loved the buildup I did with it. Learned alot and met great people in the process. There are a growing number of 4R's being built up, even GX470's. Mine is one of the crowd now, hehe.
Nice to see the Prado line developing in the USA.

Back OT, the FJC already has some aftermarket ready to go. Basically it will only take $tires and OME lift to be where I am- roughly $1800 over the FJC price and you will have a very capable wheeler.

I have to say, personally, I love wagons so the 80, GX470 and 100 hold more interest to me than the FJC. If the FJC were a 'vert, it would be more enticing. As is, it feels like a stylish 4R w/o the cargo space. I still think it's really cool tho.

There will be a substanital aftermarket ready for the FJ Cruiser.

I know more, but I ain't talkin til January TT comes out, or my editor will kill me;)

sikocycles said:
I know I asked this before but will ask again. Will lifting void the warrantee ?
No, from what I understand, just anything directly affected by or caused by it, and it is the vehicle manufacturers responsibility to prove it.

Chef said:

I know more, but I ain't talkin til January TT comes out, or my editor will kill me;)

awh come on Chef - it is easy even the cia is doing it - leak leak leak ;)

I am buying one anyway, so were all family here right?

Chef said:
Hey Dave;
Got an invite to Ojai, but I had previous commitments that weekend I couldn't drop. Bummer.

Heya Alan! Bummer, twice. I was actually hoping to meet you guys and chat! Next time, for sure!

Dave

FirstToy said:
ARB is coming out w/ a Tacoma bullbar this christmas I hear. The one you have seen is a modified Prado 120 bullbar, but ARB USA modified it. ARB front locker is on the way as well...

QUOTE]

If you're referring to the 2005 Tacoma, yes they have designed and built a Deluxe bullbar. I've seen it on the truck. It'll be in the current issue (Nov/Dec) of 4WD Toyota Owner for all to see. IIRC they took a US truck to Oz for the fab; Aussie plates are still on it in the photo! Looks good though, usual good ARB design.

Dave

Chef said:

The first part of this is great news. :D

The second part is a no brainer knowing who dat is......... :doh:

Dave, it's been out for a little while. Companies have been taking preorders for it and ARB USA has it pictured w/ details on their website for a little while now
arbusa.com

4WD Toyota Owner Magazine said:
FirstToy said:

QUOTE]

If you're referring to the 2005 Tacoma, yes they have designed and built a Deluxe bullbar. I've seen it on the truck. It'll be in the current issue (Nov/Dec) of 4WD Toyota Owner for all to see. IIRC they took a US truck to Oz for the fab; Aussie plates are still on it in the photo! Looks good though, usual good ARB design.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom