FJ 62 front turn signal question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ 62 owners:

When you turn on your flashers or turn signal, does the light on the outside of your headlights also blink? Or is the only front light that flashes the one that runs under the headlights?

(A previous owner swapped the 62 front for a 60 front. I'm considering switching back, but I like that with the circular lights, the flasher is right next to the headlight and can be seen from head-on and from the side).

Thanks,

Ara D.

I'll check mine for ya...but I think it does. Maybe. Possibly.

On my FJ62, I believe only the marker in the front panel blinks - the clear lens next to the headlight is just a marker light.

Only the front marker will blink. If you want the side markers to blink at the same time I remember a post from Daniel Stern Lighting that an easy mod was available to do that. The corner markers on the front weren't mentioned but they are on solid when the parking lights are on.

Don't know where the post is here but on his site:
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Been meaning to do this myself, need to look at our specific wiring since Toyota has that obsession with wiring things 'different'....

Thanks for the responses. I had sort of wanted to go back to the 62 double square headlights, just to make it look like the truck it is, but I like the corner blinkers. I used to have an 88 4Runner and never liked that the corner lights were just parking lights, not blinkers. I think the easiest way for me to go forward is to just leave the front as it is. Now i just need to get the headlight washers working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom