FJ 62 Bimetal vacuum switching valve purpose & importance?

Vacuum switch on the upper thermostat housing has bit the dust & I have been having intermittent problems with sudden engine dying right after startup. It sounds like a fuel issue and fires right up after 5-6 times cranking it over. After many trips to the dealership & a couple grand later they could not find the issue. It has died after a cold startup when the choke kicked off so looking for some knowledge & crossing my fingers this may be related. After a recent tuneup & cooling system flush I noticed this valve pn 25820-13020 is munched and naturally not cheap. Does anyone know the purpose of this $150 piece of plastic? Thanks

fjc-man

SILVER Star
I don’t know if this helps, but if that’s the correct part number, you can get it from partsouq.com for 47.50 + shipping. The plastic portion with the vacuum pipes is black, right?

I don’t know if this helps, but if that’s the correct part number, you can get it from partsouq.com for 47.50 + shipping. The plastic portion with the vacuum pipes is black, right?
I got it on E Bay for $75 which is less than half price from the dealer. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom