For Sale FJ-43, 40, and 45 troopy in Klamath Falls, Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My cousin sent me these pics from Klamath Falls. Evidently the guy restores Cruisers and has a bunch for sale. A little too $$$ for me, but maybe one of y'all could use the info. They look really clean. I'm not affiliated, but I could get more info and more pics from my cousin if anybody is interested.

TK
GetAttachment-1.aspx.jpeg
GetAttachment-2.aspx.jpeg
GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

Pagey, I got a PM from a buddy telling me to check out your post. Sorry, I don't go into the for sale section much.
I looked at the 40 personally last Summer, and it looked solid to me, but I looked at it pretty quickly. I certainly never drove it, or got inside of it. I also wasn't planning on buying it, so I didn't look at it as close as I would have otherwise.
My cousin who sees the 40 pretty much everyday knows almost nothing when it comes to vehicles, so I'm not sure he could be of service to you.
If I were you, I would have the owner e-mail you pics of everything (all problem areas) and go from there.

TK

TK, thanks for getting back so quick. I can imagine you do not visit this part of the site too often if you are not looking to buy. I will talk to the seller and try and get as much info from him as possible.

If there is anyone else out there who would be willing to take a look and give me a candid view on tis rig, I would still very much appreciate it.

My stepson and I bought a fj40 from this guy. I have looked at the green fj and if you want I can stop and take some more pics for you just let me know. It has some rust most of it is in the hardtop it self. It has a patch job on the top it had a RV style vent that that was taken out. Did not drive this one. hope this helps.

MY1st40, I will gladly take you up on your offer to have a look at this one. I am most concerned with the rust (which appears to be around the back at the top). If you could take some close up pics of it that would be great. If you find any other rust spots of concern, please take a few pics as well.
Yes, that hole in the hard top that has been patched is worrying me as well. The seller is asking $ 1000 to replace it with a used one. It seems quite expensive to me. I would rather patch it up with new fibreglass if that work would be cheaper. If you or any one else has any suggestions on this point, all is welcome.
Do you think you could also test drive it?

Hope I am not asking you to do too much. Thanks in advance for your help!

I will stop and take some pictures maybe tomarrow. and I will see about a test drive. I know the seller so I will see what I can do

It looks pretty sound body wise a rust around the door bottoms, some bubbles in the paint on rear sill. The tub has a liner coat inside. I got there late so the doors were locked. I will tell you that it is in better shape than the one that I bought. Most of the rust is in the hardtop. And the patch is about 12x12. No jump seats. but here are the pics that I got. If you contact Scott his is a good guy have known him for a few years. He has about 20 to 30 fjs.and does great restorations
P8262743.jpg
P8262744.jpg
P8262745.jpg

Thanks so much for taking these pictures!. I just can't imgaine why someone would cut out that top cap! Anyway, that's soemthing I would have to get fixed if I go through with this.

Anyone know whether this can be touched up with fibre glass or would I have to replace the whole cap.

MY1st40, what did you think of the rain gutter? judging by the pics it looks pretty rusty, therefore risks of leaks? Might be better to get a new gutter in there while the top is replaced/touched up?

Did you also notice the many holes drilled into the body? What's up with that?!!

As I wrote before, i also experienced Scott Gesik as a sincere guy and i think that I can work something out with him. He seems very reasonable.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what those brackets are on the rear quarter panel just aft of the fender flare and below the side reflector? The Seller could not tell me what those were? May be to mount one of those flags when riding in the sand dunes? They are on both sides of the rig

My1st40, are you still planning taking this thing for a test drive? No problem, if that is too much hassle for you; you've already done more than I expected. Thanks so much!

As a new guy to this forum, I am humbled by the way all you guys help each other out. How wonderful!

Best,
T

pagey, i suggest you start a thread in the 40/55 section posting these photos and asking your questions and advice. this is the for sale section and is not intended for lengthy discussions like this.

Semlin, it was not my intention to get into lengthy discussions. The questions I asked all relate to this rig and its sale and are - in my opinion - therefore relevant. I was just trying to be clear. Sometimes that takes a few words extra. Anyway, should I have any further questions, I will keep them short, lest not to offend anyone who has an aversion to words.

Semlin, it was not my intention to get into lengthy discussions. The questions I asked all relate to this rig and its sale and are - in my opinion - therefore relevant. I was just trying to be clear. Sometimes that takes a few words extra. Anyway, should I have any further questions, I will keep them short, lest not to offend anyone who has an aversion to words.

pagey,

i moderate the for sale section here. this area is for buying and selling things, not discussing how to fix them or whether they are offered for a fair price etc... woody has restricted peripheral chat here to keep this area on track and to avoid causing conflict between sellers and buyers.

so if you want to discuss how to fix the hardtop or what is in the photos, please start a thread in 40/55 tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom