First time Toyota brand owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. Last week we purchased a 2014 LX570 with 66k miles for $34k from a dealer in Atlanta. This thing is in fantastic condition and has a pretty solid service history. Other than what I hope is just surface rust on the bottom from being a New York truck, it’s in excellent condition.

This week I changed the oil/filter, the engine air filter, cabin filter, and wiper blades so I can start my own maintenance tracker. Soon I plan on changing the AHC fluid, diff oils, trans oil flush, brake fluid, and greasing anything that gets greased.

The 20” Michelin tires on the truck now look good enough for the next few months, but I’ll be researching which tires to buy when the time comes later in the summer. We have Pirelli Scorpion All Terrains on our Outback 3.6R and I’m super happy with those. Right now I’m thinking about putting a set on the LX as well... does anyone have any experience with these on an LC or LX? I plan on keeping the stock 20” wheels because I think they look great despite their downsides. Our only complaint with the LX thus far is the lack of storage pockets and cubbies around the driver and passenger seats. I’ve been researching some solutions but I haven’t found much, so I’ll keep looking into that.

We’ve added Weather Tech floor mats up front, in the middle, and in the cargo area. Also, a WT sunshade. We’ll probably tint the windows soon because of this ridiculous South Alabama heat.

I’d love to add a little more growl to the exhaust so I’d love to hear some of your recommendations on a more aggressive sounding muffler that I could swap in. Also, I’m not a big fan of chrome so I’d love to vinyl wrap all the exterior chrome in the near future. Does anyone know of a good reputable shop in the Southeastern US that does vinyl wrapping?

Anyway, I look forward to conversing with all of you about LCs and LXs, and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions as I start adding on the miles.

1AA14B00-C2FB-437E-8AEB-B2F41197DEC5.jpeg

Welcome to ih8mud and congrats on your new 200 series!

Cheers,
John

Search is going to be your best friend, especially for tire related questions. I just got a 2013 LC and wanted tires on it. After searching here I quickly found out that 275/70/18s would fit my stock suspension and also fit in the spare location. The Discount Tire dudes were asking me if I was sure it would all fit and without hesitation I placed my order. Everything fit.

@Eric Sarjeant will tell you to paint the chrome pieces except the side door and fog light trim. Wrapping the others areas will not give good results.

Not many exhaust kits, best bet is to go to a good muffler shop. They can easily fabricate and weld up the sound you’re looking for.

If you want a good exhaust note there are no option on a full exhaust kit. Just replace your mufflers with a magnaflow or borla. Please don’t put a flow master on it, lol. When you buy an expensive car you need to put quality parts on it. If you plan to do any off roading you need to change to a smaller rim size. In the off roading world you need more sidewall than rim size.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum!

Seems you got a terrific deal. I have the same color truck, but a year newer. I wouldn't swap Michelin tires for anything perelli made.

Congrats!
Do the work now to remove and coat as much of the rust as possible. Also if you haven’t heard, these models are almost ALL getting a crack in the upper radiator tank in the 80-120k mile range. You are below that, but it’s not unheard of to happen in your odometer range either.
Basically, find the flat part number area on your upper tank, and look for a white line moving across the lower crease where that raised boss meets the tank.
Lots more discussion here:2008-2010 Radiator Failure and Public Service Announcement

Last edited:
Use a little woolite on a wet towel for your leather cleaning once in a while. When you add tint to the back window your mirrors will not work correctly. Also watch out for coffee spillage. The coffee cup holder doesn't hold tall cups that well.And you can fix the wipers not working correctly by pulling the wires behind the rear view mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom