finished rear bumper/tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rubber stoppers acutally that I found at the hardware store :wrench::hillbilly:

Steel freeze plugs actually work nice. They are cheap, come in a bunch of sizes, put it dome side out, buzz it on, grind down the weld smooth and you have a clean, domed end on the tube.:hillbilly:

Steel freeze plugs actually work nice. They are cheap, come in a bunch of sizes, put it dome side out, buzz it on, grind down the weld smooth and you have a clean, domed end on the tube.:hillbilly:

:hmm: Excellent idea! ill be checking that out cause I wanted something more finished looking anyway - thanks Kevin :clap:

the curvy kind are found in 24mm on early fj-60's....2f heads have 25mm and 50mm, as does the block, but are the hammer in style. Not sure how big the pipe is but 25mm is like an inch. I have part numbers. Otherwise a machine shop will can get them in all sorts of diameters.

Located

Welded

Grounded

Painted

I like it better - thanks Tools for the tip :)

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

Located

Welded

Grounded

Painted

I like it better - thanks Tools for the tip :)

Clean, now it looks finished.:cool:

That fix is likely a bit :hillbilly: (not that I have a problem with that), not the "correct" way to do it. But IMHO is an easy way to make it look good, so :meh:.:hillbilly:

Or, you can build a bumper any old way you want to.

Nice work Eric. As always your rig is a class act.

Very nice tires Murf, what size are you up to now?

Thanks, I moved up a size from 31570R17 to a 32570R17. Went from 34.4 OD to 35.00 and 12.2 width to 13.2.

I liked the BFG KO's but had an opportunity to move up into the larger size (size not make by BFG). The Nitto Terra Grapplers are similar because they also have an all terrain tread with siping which is what I like to run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom