Finding a fj40

I'll go ahead and thank you all for your help in advance. My first car was an FJ Cruiser (talked myself out of getting a FJ40 back then which was so much cheaper then than it is now) and I drove it for 10 years before selling it. My father and I always drooled over the 40's, he since has past away and I am looking to get a 40 as my daily driver & to live on the dream we always had. I'll be driving 20 miles round trip (5 of which will be on the highway) to the airport for flight school. I have read many buyers guides and have done a lot of research, but am looking for any tips/help finding a good fj40. looking to spend around 25k. Right now here our some of the things I am looking for:
- 1f/2f (2f proffered) not a 350 conversion
- Hard top
- rust to be very minimal if any
- AC or priced decently enough for me to add it.
- Powered steering wold be a huge plus

You might find the charm wears thin driving one as a daily driver if in heavy traffic. Back roads. A 40 requires more driver involvement than any modern vehicle. Good luck with your search👍

brian

SILVER Star
Website
www.facebook.com
You might find the charm wears thin driving one as a daily driver if in heavy traffic.
or not.
3:70s and 33s makes them quite drivable at speed...my 75 is my spring/summer/fall daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom