Finally found my rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove 221 miles to trade my wrangler in for a LC200 ‘18 with 18k miles. The drive back was awesome, the brakes will take some getting use to, as most people say, however, I think I have a bit of a shutter or vibration on hard braking. Maybe a warped rotor, not sure, seems to be worse sometimes and not there others, didn’t notice it on the test drive. Surely it’s not normal?
9F3AE2A9-5FF8-4D9F-94F5-003318A93744.jpeg

Nice rig. Welcome to Mud! You posted pics right up front. Good going!

Looking forward to seeing your upcoming mods.

Nice! Is the Audi front plate on purpose, or a dealer freebie?

Congratulations on the new Cruiser.

How hard are you breaking? Is it ABS not allowing full lock?

Also, it’s more likely uneven brake deposits than the “warped rotor” boogeyman.
So true. It is nearly impossible to warp a rotor, but brake deposits are common.

I’ll see how it does, today during the grocery getting expedition it wasn’t noticeable at all, but I’m working hard to ease into that brake pedal. The wrangler didn’t want to stop even with upgraded brakes, just not use to it. The Audi plate is the dealer where I bought it.

I’ll see how it does, today during the grocery getting expedition it wasn’t noticeable at all, but I’m working hard to ease into that brake pedal. The wrangler didn’t want to stop even with upgraded brakes, just not use to it. The Audi plate is the dealer where I bought it.

Look into how to "bed in" brakes. The process can also be used to remove/even out pad deposits on the rotors. Often the tough part is finding a place to safely do it.. especially the bit about driving continuously afterward until the brakes are no longer hot. Also, you own a ~6000lb SUV, not a track car, so consideration should be made for not getting the brakes TOO hot. It's a tough balance, but most likely nothing is actually ruined and needs replacing, just needs some dusting off.

Congrats, and welcome :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom