Finally an FJ45 long box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry about the V8 all the Toyota mounts were gone so when I thought about how I would use it I wanted higher hiway speeds with enough power for overdrive and quieter gears. At least a bored out 327 is period correct.

Likely same kind of wheel those are spider track beadlocks, maybe a little quieter tread pattern.

Took the back plate out of the cab the cab and the floor were separating along the back and at the bottom of this plate re welded the cab back and cleaned out the rust behind the plate and welded it back in with the corner plates. Welded some bracing in the top to get rid of the flex.

027.JPG
Worked a little on the top, added some bracing to keep it from flexing.
001.JPG

This be had the wheel openings enlarged for larger so I put metal fender flares on made the side really firm, still needs some body work etc to smooth it up.
024.JPG

looks good, nice feeling having it come together.

They were Paki flares for a 40, I had to modify them quite a bit but there all steel. The PO had torched the wheel opening out an inch or two and it destroyed the rigidity of the bed side so I needed something to get that back and end the metal splitting on the side from flex. Its ridged now.

Last edited:
They were Paki flares for a 40, I had to modify them quite a bit but they're all steel. The PO had torched the wheel opening out an inch or two and it destroyed the rigidity of the bedside so I needed something to get that back and end the metal splitting on the side from flex. Its ridged now.

Yes, it will strengthen up the sides and give you some extra room for wider wheels, know where I can set a pair will be doing the same on my 45. Best

Yes, it will strengthen up the sides and give you some extra room for wider wheels, know where I can set a pair will be doing the same on my 45. Best

I don't think esian makes them anymore I bought them from a member on mud and they rode the shelf in my garage for 6 or 7 years. likely need to find a set unused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom