February Club Meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang, figured it would time for a club meeting after everyone's holiday fiasco.

Meeting will be held at the Cobblestone Pub located at 3566 Holland Ave, Cobble Hill, BC.
February Wednesday the 19th.
6pm

Few things to discuss at this meeting.

- Annual expedition.
- Ideas on how to use the club dues.
- new decal design?

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Can non club members sit in?

Thank you. I'm just back from Japan with my 80 and looking forward to meeting other LC enthusiasts.

Just for laughs, but I mean like a Hibachi Coleman grill, not Land Cruiser grill. LOL
Haha...that's funny. Sure, I've had a few of those over the years as well.. I'll be at the Cobblestone at 6:00.

Recap of the meeting

Attendees:
@ColinStuart
@cruiserpilot
@Koopz
@PeeZed
@B Point
Wesley Powell
Wayne Roberts

Decals:
At this meeting we have decided to redesign the old decal (photo attached) to clean it up. @Koopz and myself will look into getting it designed.

Annual expedition:
A few ideas have come up with this year's expedition.

Idea 1-
Potential taking a barge out of Bamfield and explore road networks near Henderson lake that aren't reachable by land. I'm awaiting quotes and drop off locations. This idea might not pan out if the cost is too high or if we can't get everyone on the same barge.

Idea 2-
Approaching Coastal Cruisers to see if they want to do a joint expedition on the mainland. I will contact there president later this week or next week to see if they would let us tag along.

Idea 3-
Have a expedition on the island to some new locations we haven't been to yet, or revisit past locations.

Club dues use:
At this time we have decided to not spend any dues until a worthy use comes to us.

20200219_210056.jpg

Next meeting maybe suggest renewing the practice of collecting dues? Would
assist the growth of funds.

That was a good meeting. Nice of Chris to bring along a pretty damned fabulous 80 series.
I’m going to contact a local guy I know about finding the routes back up
above Timberlands, there are some good day trips up there. Look into Spruston as well,
pretty certain he’ll have all the gate go arounds figured out too.

Would people be interested in a show n shine BBQ for an afternoon in late April?

That was a good meeting. Nice of Chris to bring along a pretty damned fabulous 80 series.
above Timberlands, there are some good day trips up there. Look into Spruston as well,

Would people be interested in a show n shine BBQ for an afternoon in late April?

A show and shine you say, I would be down for that. Could be a good way to get new members in the group.

Let us know what you find out about timberlands.

Do you have any location ideas to have this show and shine? I live on a farm in Central Saanich that could be good. Mind you it'll probably smell like chicken manure since it is a active farm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom