Favorite Campsites (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BGMachine

Working on cars I can't afford
Threads
Hey All,

So I'm new to Michigan and I want to do some camping this spring/summer/early fall. I was curious if any of you had any campsites that you knew of that were good to go to. Stuff like state parks etc that aren't crowded with people. Maybe we could even get a weekend trip setup to meet some other members?

Search anywhere on the west side of the state from warren dunes to the bridge. Northwest Mi. is my favorite but never camped as we have a place near Traverse city. Sleepy Bear dunes and silver lake are must see's.

If you don't mind minimal services, there are DNR state forest campgrounds all over for 13 bucks a night first come first served. They are usually very good. Lack of showers is the worst thing.

If you need showers/flush toilets for wife [like I do],Camp Pet-o-sega in Petoskey is beautiful. We’ll be there next week. Also Hoeft State Park near Rogers City, Young State Park near Boyne City, a Petoskey State Park. All are on water. Some campsites right on the beach. If you want to get out and more rustic I love Goose Creek Campground in between Kalkaska and Grayling just north of M-72. Plenty of off-road trail heads in the area and you’re right on the Manistee river. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom