Fan support bracket & bearing - with high mileage check yours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably too late for you, but there are special sockets for removing studs. I have a set and they are amazing, work really well.
These studs don’t have the Etorx head that some have. Or is there some specialty tool that grabs the stud somehow? My knipex cobras were able to grab to non threaded part on the more stubborn ones.

A quick google shows there are a plethora of stud removal tools of different designs. Guess I’ll be doing some research now.
 
Last edited:
Most of those stud removal tools render the part unusable though.. they usually work by a serrated cam clamping onto the stud biting into the threaded area.

For the record the studs aren't available as a separate part.. or at least that isn't in the diagrams.
 
Probably too late for you, but there are special sockets for removing studs. I have a set and they are amazing, work really well.
Can you post which ones you have used and liked?
 
I just replaced the fan bracket at ~152K miles. Resistance was ok, same as the new part. But it had some small amount of wobble/play. But even the new bracket has tiny amount of play, but noticeably less than the original part. Replaced only because I was already there doing preventive replacement of the radiator (no cracks, but did not want to deal with a headache if it went suddenly). Probably good for another 50k if not more. Fan clutch also looked fine, but replaced just in case. Hope to not touch these for another 200K miles.
 
Bumping this one

For those of you who bought and installed Aisin Fan Bracket assy - any feedback?

I'm about to do this job - tensioner, idler at least, maybe bracket and clutch and looking for feedback. I lean OEM only like many passionate advocates here but, in this case, curious as it does save a lot of money to go Aisin and Dayco, oh and Bando belt looks to be OEM as well. Available via Amazon.
Does the fan pulley come with the fan bracket?
 
Does the fan pulley come with the fan bracket?
This is what I bought.

Fan Bracket Assembly
Part Number: 16380-0S010
20260828_200436.webp
 
This is what I bought.

Fan Bracket Assembly
Part Number: 16380-0S010
View attachment 4203045
Thanks. I’ve bought a ton of OEM Toyota parts and Aisin parts from online vendors over the years for 80s, 100s, 4Runners, a GX. But, for my 200, and all the cooling system parts on the front of the engine, I think I want to stay Toyota OEM. While the Rock Auto prices are great, I’m not 100% certain the quality is the same as a genuine Toyota part.
 
Thanks. I’ve bought a ton of OEM Toyota parts and Aisin parts from online vendors over the years for 80s, 100s, 4Runners, a GX. But, for my 200, and all the cooling system parts on the front of the engine, I think I want to stay Toyota OEM. While the Rock Auto prices are great, I’m not 100% certain the quality is the same as a genuine Toyota part.
Aisin’s FBT-014 fan bracket is made in Japan with a Japanese bearing. I’d personally take the gamble and save $125-ish to spend elsewhere, but I understand the want for a Toyota part.
 
Back
Top Bottom