Fan bracket / clutch replacement - worth doing while radiator is out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have my radiator out, and was wondering if it is much of a hassle to replace the fan bracket and fan clutch.

Another option is let a mechanic do it when I have the timing belt serviced in a few months. But if it isn't too much trouble, I might do it myself and learn something and save a bit. (I don't plan on doing the timing belt - it is something i save for the young and the trained.)

Thanks for your opinions!
Gil
Ventura, CA

If they are not noisy or causing problems, do either/both when doing the timing belt. I recommend replacing the fan bracket when doing the t-belt, since it has to come off and it can be a challenge to get at the lower bolt. Fan clutch is optional but should not normally need replacement when doing the t-belt. Radiator give up on you?

If they are not noisy or causing problems, do either/both when doing the timing belt. I recommend replacing the fan bracket when doing the t-belt, since it has to come off and it can be a challenge to get at the lower bolt. Fan clutch is optional but should not normally need replacement when doing the t-belt. Radiator give up on you?
Yes, slow leak I happened to catch early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom