Fabricating Rain Gutter Clamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Buying rain gutter clamps doesn't make any sense for me. The cost to ship them to my location will be 100-200% of the cost of the clamps themselves. So I want to get a local welder to make some for me.

Any advice on doing this?
Anybody have any plans they'd care to share?

I'm going to be working off the classic gutter clamp designs- it doesn't seem to matter who makes them, they all look roughly the same.
I'm planning on using 1/8" thick steel for the majority of the clamp. Will this be thick enough?

I would say that if you have to pay someone to do your fab work it will not be cheaper than buying a set from any of the vendors even the expensive ones.

I used 3/16 on the uprights and 1/8 on the clamping portion. 3/8 bolts to bolt them together

Take this Auction printed out and give to the Fabricator, tell him or her they must beat this price.

Make sure you do a follow up post on their reply.

Details about Kargo Master Rain Gutter Mount 50541
Quantity:
8 available / 6 sold
List price:
$80.49
iconBubbleHelp.gif

You save:
$3.55 (4% off)
Now:
US $76.94
Buy It Now

Add to cart

5 watching
Add to watch list

Add to collection
Free delivery in 4 days
Experienced seller
30-day returns

Shipping:
FREE Standard Shipping

Take this Auction printed out and give to the Fabricator, tell him or her they must beat this price.

If you ever plan to do business with the fabricator again I suggest trying a different tactic. I just tell people that I'm too busy if they come in with an attitude that I must compete with companies geared up to mass produce hundreds of units.

How about paying him his hourly rate and material cost for custom work? You want the frozen microwave dinner or a homemade meal?

And remember: local welder is not fabricator. He's just a dude who's pretty sure he can save me a few bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom