Fabric tape around heater motor housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Threads
139
Messages
795
Does anyone know why there was tape around the original heater motor housing? It seems to be a fabric tape. Was it to keep dust out?

IMG_1847.webp


IMG_1845.webp
 
Really old duct tape. My guess is its to hold the can together because the threw bolt (upper) was lost or stripped.
 
It is definitely OEM because you see it in some eBay listings. Some of them had them others did not. They must’ve changed the housing as time went on. Does anyone have the spec for replacing the tape? I want to take the motor apart so I can lubricate it. It looks to be 18 mm or 11/16” and appears to be tan in color. One thread, a member used Uglu brand outdoor fabric tape.
 
Last edited:
Or

Seems line Uglu is now Protapes. But 3M also makes some. Though the 18mm width does not seem readily available in the United States. It can easily be ripped or cut to size.
 
Since your original post, I have been looking at this curious about my 73 blower. It looks like the tape started in the 74 model year when the blower housing transitioned to plastic. Most photos I see, it is tan. The red one is a LCHM truck.

1788890948817.webp


1788891083796.webp


and a 73 from LCHM.

1788891148329.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom