F2 Valve Cover on a 1F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

QB1

Threads
I'm thinking of dressing up my 1F and the Valve Cover...has anybody placed a 2F Aluminum Valve Cover on a 1F Engine...?
If so, any gasket mods, specials...?
Thanks

Cured the leaks the F valve cover had.
DSCN0285.JPG

Thank you David for the feedback...much appreciated!
I've found one and have ordered it. I like the touch of the red Toyota...

I'm thinking of dressing up my 1F and the Valve Cover...has anybody placed a 2F Aluminum Valve Cover on a 1F Engine...?
If so, any gasket mods, specials...?
Thanks
What year is the motor ?

F379442 - October timeframe of 71'...
Should be fine, its the earlier versions (ex-1967) that has a fitment problem. Marks offroad website spells it out.

You will also need the four rubber/metal washer/grommet deals and the larger 2F nuts that secure the valve cover to the 4 rocker studs on top. The 1F metal valve cover grommets and nuts are too small.

If using stock air cleaner, you will need to modify the breather hose. I think Mark mentions getting two 1F breather hoses and linking them together to reach the placement of the 2F cover breather nipple. I had to do similar, I found hoses that worked at the parts store by wandering up and down the "hose" wall.

I have a 1f with an aluminum valve cover.
VIN tag is dated 10/73, no idea how original anything on the engine or anything else on the rig is, seems like EVERYTHING on it's been tinkered with in it's history for better or worse.
But it's definitely an aluminum valve cover (and there's no 2F cast into it), and the stamp on the block has no 2 in front of the F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom