F engine oil filler delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I kinda remember seeing someone posting something about removing the massive oil filler tube and making a block off for the hole. Anyone out there done this or can point me in a good direction? Id like to explore this option when the engine goes in for its rebuild.

Already have the breather side cover, and working on the 2F valve cover. Just need a good idea for the delete. Thought about tapping the block for an Iron Pipe plug, or for the Oil Bolt from the axles.

Why?

Already have the breather side cover, and working on the 2F valve cover. Just need a good idea for the delete. Thought about tapping the block for an Iron Pipe plug, or for the Oil Bolt from the axles.

if you TAP the filler tube cast iron hole , where are all the metal shavings going to go as you cut new threads into Cryptanite cast forged iron ?

201606301909319214.jpg

a large freeze out plug… the hole is smaller than it looks as the tube tapers just after the hole to the larger size … not only would you need a valve cover with top filler … you would need a side cover with pcv elbow
Exactly what the engine shop said to do. I think Ill go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom