External System not connected (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I8Hmudders,

Im a long time reader and new on the posting side. I have a 2008 200 Series with 137k miles, fairly stock with exception of a mild suspension upgrade from Dobinson. Owned it for over 10 years, 3rd or 4th cruiser, currently 1 of 2 in the family inventory.

Last week my audio & navigation system went out and is displaying "external system not connected"; however the climate control functions still work on the MFD. I have search multiple forums (both Lexus and Toyota) with the majority of the post associated with the Toyota Prius and select Lexus models. The 100 series seemed to have a similar issue as well. I did find Tim's post: Audio Issues . In our messages, his issue seems to be isolated to the amp. Not sure if the AMP also could affect the Nav functions as well?

Over the last week, I have disconnected battery to attempt a MFD reset with no success, checked/ replaced all fuses from all three panels with the Toyota low profile, pull connectors off amp to inspect and reconnected. I have not pulled the MFD unit to inspect any loose connections. Before I go down that path, thought I would see if others have advice to continue to trouble shoot in the event I missed something.

With respect to modification of the audio system, I did replaced the front pass and driver side door drivers with 2 Ohm units this past summer. I have noticed since that swap, the volume has diminished, requiring additional gain to achieve similar volume.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and insights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom