Audio Off, No Nav, External System Not Connected (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, 2006 Lexus LX470 - was driving the other day listening to music via Bluetooth when all of a sudden the audio cut completely out. The stereo does not respond at all, no maps pull up, no backup camera - but AC control still works. The only screens that work are Trip Information and Climate. I have tested fuses (all ok) and even disconnected battery for a while in hopes of a reset - no luck.

I have read about a bad amp but that seems odd given problem with navigation. Got into Diagnostic mode and basically most systems show not connected (pic below).

Any ideas appreciated; taking to dealer will be last resort!

6F31DB38-1A22-4425-873D-417F53C553AF.jpeg

Hey there, 2006 Lexus LX470 - was driving the other day listening to music via Bluetooth when all of a sudden the audio cut completely out.

“Listening to music via Bluetooth” would imply that an aftermarket “box” (Grom/USA Spec/Vais) has been added to the stereo/nav system, to allow Bluetooth streaming. I had similar issues when one of my add-on boxes quit working. I’d suggest temporarily disconnecting the aftermarket “box” while you troubleshoot this issue.

I do have an aftermarket Bluetooth device but I’m embarrassed to admit I missed the one 10 amp radio fuse under passenger dash that was causing the issues. Thanks for jumping in to help!

I do have an aftermarket Bluetooth device but I’m embarrassed to admit I missed the one 10 amp radio fuse under passenger dash that was causing the issues. Thanks for jumping in to help!
Nice

Hey there, 2006 Lexus LX470 - was driving the other day listening to music via Bluetooth when all of a sudden the audio cut completely out. The stereo does not respond at all, no maps pull up, no backup camera - but AC control still works. The only screens that work are Trip Information and Climate. I have tested fuses (all ok) and even disconnected battery for a while in hopes of a reset - no luck.

I have read about a bad amp but that seems odd given problem with navigation. Got into Diagnostic mode and basically most systems show not connected (pic below).

Any ideas appreciated; taking to dealer will be last resort!

View attachment 2341939
Was it indeed the fuses?

Yes, specifically the one under passenger dash. 10amp (which it calls for) kept blowing but I put a 20 in and all is well 🥴
@nbrugh Do you remember which specific fuse it was? Or which number? My fuses all appear unbroken, so I’m going to replace whichever one you suggest and hope that does the trick!

I have exact same problem as OP, but my 10 amp radio fuse on passenger kickboard is fine. Any other ideas?

How do you get the MFD into diagnostic mode?

Dear hkeller,

I am having a similar issue. AC, trip info, and radio are working fine. Pressing Menu or Navigation the screen will show "External System Not Connected.
Did you find a solution? I checked fuses, I looked if every cable was connected. It was. Any other thoughts?

Gerben

(Pasted from my reply to another similar thread):

If your Navigation, Menu, Backup Camera (and bluetooth/Grom Vline if you added them) don't work or stopped working after your last battery disconnect, but AC, Trip Info, and Radio work fine, there is potentially a VERY easy fix:

Disconnect the battery again, then reconnect after a few minutes. When you then restart the car successfully (the first attempt may fail after cranking, but that's fine), make sure to do nothing and keep the shifter in Park for at least 1 minutes. You should see the MFD display show a message like "System loading... Do not turn off car..." Make sure to wait for it to finish, then the MFD should show the normal navigation map, then you can start driving as usual.

I noticed that whenever I did not let that message/page finish (when I turned off the truck, or shifted to drive or reverse), then it gives me the problem (Nav, Backup cam, Menu, Vline don't work).

(Pasted from my reply to another similar thread):

If your Navigation, Menu, Backup Camera (and bluetooth/Grom Vline if you added them) don't work or stopped working after your last battery disconnect, but AC, Trip Info, and Radio work fine, there is potentially a VERY easy fix:

Disconnect the battery again, then reconnect after a few minutes. When you then restart the car successfully (the first attempt may fail after cranking, but that's fine), make sure to do nothing and keep the shifter in Park for at least 1 minutes. You should see the MFD display show a message like "System loading... Do not turn off car..." Make sure to wait for it to finish, then the MFD should show the normal navigation map, then you can start driving as usual.

I noticed that whenever I did not let that message/page finish (when I turned off the truck, or shifted to drive or reverse), then it gives me the problem (Nav, Backup cam, Menu, Vline don't work).
Thanks for the post newbie- I had this issue, but it wasn’t due to battery disconnect- it happened I suspect when I programmed new key fobs. Anyway- you saved me a ton of time👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom