Exploration: Brannan Lakes

Would anyone be interested in attempting to hit the lakes on the other side of the peak from the Boulder Lakes? You can see them circled in the images. Last year I got half-way to them but turned around because it was getting late at night, I was by myself and it was my first time out that way (one image below shows where I stopped). I'm thinking to give it a shot this weekend (Saturday, 6/30) due to the following being 4th of July weekend and most people will be doing things with family/friends. It would be an un-official 406 ride and anyone/everyone is welcome! If you're interested, post up.

Capture1JPG.JPG

Capture2.JPG

JohnnyOshow22

KK0TEQ
I've looked into those lakes but couldnt determine if you could still drive to those lakes. Using Google maps satellite you can clearly see the road below that lake and then it kinda disappears.

I've looked into those lakes but couldnt determine if you could still drive to those lakes. Using Google maps satellite you can clearly see the road below that lake and then it kinda disappears.
It looks heavily forested before you get to the lakes, but that's going off an overhead satellite. My USGS maps indicate an OHV trail. It's worth a shot, that's why I wrote "exploration". :)

Top Bottom