Expedition 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok everyone we are a few weeks away so lets hammer out some locations

We have decided to meet in Port Renfrew on Friday August 4th. A good spot to meet would be at the Pachedaht Campground on the Renfrew side of the beach. Lets say 11am if that works

Google Maps

Meeting early gives us time to do a little exploring in the area and allows us to get to our next site at our leisure.
I think heading for Nitinat area for friday night would be a good start. it allows those who cant get the friday off to find us that night with minimal effort. does anyone have a suggestion on where might be a good place to camp that night?

Francis lake is a nice spot but I'm unsure of the access at this point, on easter it was do able but with some work of winches and chainsaws

From there it will be up in the air at this time, but with service being in and out, the word can be spread as to where we decide to go

ok everyone we are a few weeks away so lets hammer out some locations

We have decided to meet in Port Renfrew on Friday August 4th. A good spot to meet would be at the Pachedaht Campground on the Renfrew side of the beach. Lets say 11am if that works

Google Maps

Meeting early gives us time to do a little exploring in the area and allows us to get to our next site at our leisure.
I think heading for Nitinat area for friday night would be a good start. it allows those who cant get the friday off to find us that night with minimal effort. does anyone have a suggestion on where might be a good place to camp that night?

Francis lake is a nice spot but I'm unsure of the access at this point, on easter it was do able but with some work of winches and chainsaws

From there it will be up in the air at this time, but with service being in and out, the word can be spread as to where we decide to go
We can hit that spot we went to on may long if you think everyone would be able to find it easy.

Have you guys thought about this trip and the weather we are in for next week. high twenties and no rain is going to be a dusty ugly run with fire ban....

Just got back from the river, I heard if anyone is caught back in the bush they are giving out 1100.00 fines, I think this weekend is out for the trip..

Have you guys thought about this trip and the weather we are in for next week. high twenties and no rain is going to be a dusty ugly run with fire ban....

Just got back from the river, I heard if anyone is caught back in the bush they are giving out 1100.00 fines, I think this weekend is out for the trip..
still planning on this weekend, most areas we are planning will be quite west coast near the fog. Also without crossing over any locked gates.

ya we will be travelling on well travelled roads and no where near the strict part of the island (nanaimo)

trip is still on as of now.

I've booked off the entire week following the trip in case anyone is interested

I might have a 1985 BJ60 for this trip, ubber rusty but lots of room for me and Jazzy to sleep...this will be a nice change from the 42.

We should probably discuss where we are meeting up on Friday.
Nitnat area. either the campsite we went to may long weekend, or one of the other 2 very close by. won't really know till we get there and find out what is available.

Google Maps

sprise lake, doobah lake or nitnat lake camp. we will be at one of these spots

ya we will be travelling on well travelled roads and no where near the strict part of the island (nanaimo)

trip is still on as of now.

I've booked off the entire week following the trip in case anyone is interested

I'm up for camping some post trip... Got a wedding Sunday then I'm free.

Me and Jim are going to be a day behind you guys, catch up there...

I've got an SD card with maps on it for Jim. Can I give it to anyone to give to him? I can deliver after work (5pm) if it's not too late....

Apparently have reception for the second night. Up at frederick lake near bamfield. Great trip so far, made it from renfrew to bamfield on gravel.
Time to make some dinner and have a few :beer:

IMG_5004.JPG

IMG_5005.JPG

IMG_5006.JPG

IMG_5009.JPG

IMG_5011.JPG

How did it go lads? Or are you all still en-route?

Great pics Graham. Really hope I can make one of these runs again someday.

IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
We got out a day late and it was spectacular.. the last place we hit was super special and quite a ways back in the mountins..You would of loved it Nick.

Colin was showing us how to inflate your air filter for better performance..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom