Expedition 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok we are roughly 3 months from departure so its time to start a thread!

This year there was talk of doing the expedition a little closer to home. We talked at the last meeting and agreed it would be best for those who can only make a couple of the days but still exciting for those who are doing the whole stint.

Thinking of heading from renfrew and pushing north all on back roads and see where we end up.

Tentative dates are August 4-7 (Friday-Monday)

Lets hammer out some details and get this locked down!
IMAG2425.jpg

Hmm...if all goes according to plan I'll have the last week of july and most of august off this summer.

I'm supposed to go to a wedding on the mainland that weekend...AND the following weekend.

Which is precisely two more mainland trips than I want to make....may have to bail on the first one.

Lets do it, this year I need a vacation...
hqdefault.jpg

I've got family descending on me (wife and her twin's 40th BDay) those middle two weekends in Aug, so I think i'm out. :(

Although if I go crazy enough with all the family at our place I might just have to disappear for a couple days in there... :hmm:

I've got family descending on me (wife and her twin's 40th BDay) those middle two weekends in Aug, so I think i'm out. :(

Although if I go crazy enough with all the family at our place I might just have to disappear for a couple days in there... :hmm:

You got this one Nick, would like to see you again on a trip..I am long over due so I will see ya there:beer::beer:

I'm sure you could sneak away for a few days, no harm in that!

Nope a different one... but I think its in cobble hill... so not far off from you...
Yeah mine is supposedly on top of grouse mountain.

AND formal.

Not sure how that combo works, but if I didn't wear a tie for my own shackling, I ain't wearing one for someone else's...

At least the grouse grind is optional.

Lets get this trip kick started....o_Oo_O

Well it's official I'm heading to BC.

Will be there between July 26 - Aug 28. The only weekend I currently have plans is a wedding on Aug 6. I'd like to join otherwise... and would be down for some wheeling in between on other days too. Debating doing a rescue mission to retrieve Andy from Ontario... if anyone is interested in a big road trip?

Ok so let's talk location

I had the idea of starting the trip from port Renfrew and winding our way north on logging roads. A few places in the area we could visit and or camp.
Renfrew
Walbran
Carmanah/Nitinat
Klanawa
Bamfield
Alberni Iblet
Tofino/Ucluelet

Screenshot_20170606-112053_1.jpg

Whats the likely hood that Jaybob could finish his 60, might have to shoot down for a weekend or two to give him a hand getting his rig ready..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom