Exped Mega Mats on sale at REI - $163 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
Exped MegaMat (if this takes you to another page that says just like rei.com, Click the link at the bottom of the page that says 'skip these deals and go to rei.com' That will take you to the product page)

I have one and just bought another one for the wife.

Can't speak highly enough about this mattress.

Last edited:
Best mattress I have ever slept on. Anyone on the fence, this is the mattress that will make you want to camp more.
@Fishbone60 this is the pad you want and a great price

Last edited:
Last edited:
Click the link at the bottom of the page that says 'skip these deals and go to rei.com' That will take you to the product page.

Must be something with Mud.

Okay got it. Seen it a few times on mud but not every time. It does show $219 with members getting a 21.90 discount not $163.:meh:

Okay got it. Seen it a few times on mud but not every time. It does show $219 with members getting a 21.90 discount not $163.:meh:

Still showing up as $163 for me. I even pulled it up in incognito mode through Chrome, and it still says $163.

Screenshot

Screenshot_20170214-212940.png

Strongly considering this, Steve has almost convinced me. My Big Agnes mat refuses to hold air overnight for some unknown reason, can't find the leak, prob an issue with the valve. Though I should send it in to them and see if it can be repaired first...

Do you guys use a pump for it?

Exped makes a stuff sack called the schnozzle, which can be used to pump up the mattress. It works really well.

Get the mattress, you won't be disappointed. I even took mine to the hospital when my son was born. Slept on it for two nights instead of the crappy leather window seat cushion. My wife slept on it when she was 6 months pregnant and had no complaints.

So is this a air mattress? Was going to ask how much room does it take up. It also says insulates. I use to have single size cheap air mattress that fit in the back of my FJ62. That was cold in the high country.

Strongly considering this, Steve has almost convinced me. My Big Agnes mat refuses to hold air overnight for some unknown reason, can't find the leak, prob an issue with the valve. Though I should send it in to them and see if it can be repaired first...

Do you guys use a pump for it?
I have this exactly mattress and its awesome. Combo of memory foam and air, it doesn't take much to inflate

You will never find an EXPED Mega Mat used for sale, that should those on the fence something. I have used a mega mat in my CampTeq now for a couple years with zero complaints or issue.

As for the schnozzle there are two different sizes available one is 50% larger than the other.

EXPED is another fine product the Swiss have mastered.

A good point was made to me by cruddz that the schnozzle advantage over mouth inflation is moisture content which could potentially lead to mildew over time.
Although it took only about 15 full puffs to inflate the exped, In thinking it might be a good idea

A good point was made to me by cruddz that the schnozzle advantage over mouth inflation is moisture content which could potentially lead to mildew over time.
Although it took only about 15 full puffs to inflate the exped, In thinking it might be a good idea

The guy that sleeps in a hammock told you that;)

Forgot to ask, how room does this take up when not in use? I love my old flannel lined sleeping bag. It take up as much room as large two room Coleman tent. Not giving that up. Don't need a bulky sleeping pad taking up limited space.

Forgot to ask, how room does this take up when not in use? I love my old flannel lined sleeping bag. It take up as much room as large two room Coleman tent. Not giving that up. Don't need a bulky sleeping pad taking up limited space.

10"x30"

I have 2 of the megamat 10LXW's, and they are fantastic. I was skeptical for the price, but they are well worth it. Also, I work for REI, and I can tell you, jump on this deal. We have a limited stock, and you will not find a better price. Free shipping or free in store pickup, and you'll have the piece of mind of knowing it passed through my facility :)

Buy it now, don't think just do. If something happened to mine I would not hesitate to buy another regardless of price. There is not a better bed period

Just ordered one.

Thanks for the heads up.

My other Swiss designed products go BANG !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom